Can u stain the grain and put a base coat on? like a black grain with a blue base coat? if this question doesnt make sense its because i didnt know how exactly to word it.
like a transparent blue with the darker lines showing the grain of the wood?
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
no like um hold on i think i can get a pick might be a while tho computer's slow
here it is

See? Notice how the Grain is black and the base is blue. How can i do that?
you have to stain it a darker stain and let it soak down into the grain of the wood then paint trans blue over the top of that. or oyu could, i guess, paint it blue then randomly put black lines over the blue to simulate the wood grain.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
thx metalmilitia74 u helped solve a lot of problems i had with my guitar tonight....
no problem
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Schecter-06 has got it! Except, you don't have to spray your dye over it, you can still wipe it on as long as your grainfiller will not react with the dye. Also, if the body you plan on dying is closed grain, you can skip the whole grainfiller process and dye the body BLACK, sand it back and then dye it blue (or spray it on ala tinted clear).
hey Ippon, who did that guitar, if you know? im kinda curious as to what all they did to it. it looks pretty bad ass
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Actually ippon, Matt grainfilled the body with epoxy and then had it sprayed over with tinted lacquer (the blue). He didn't dye the body at all.
Quote by tuberculosis
Actually ippon, Matt grainfilled the body with epoxy and then had it sprayed over with tinted lacquer (the blue). He didn't dye the body at all.

Arrgghhh! Yea, he grain-filled! Been reading up on too many grain-highlighting websites and such. Good catch! Hopefully, the TS would recognize it was meant to help.
dude that guys guitar looks so bad ass. it makes me want to kick his ass and take it.lol

but as for the TS, Ippons post should give you a good idea how to do it. hope it turns out great.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Yeah i done some lookin around b4 i saw Ippon's post and saw that paintjob and how to do it, but i bought like a natural stain but lookin at that pic again makes me want to do the blue and black again. So how hard of a paintjob will that be tho? O and Ippon, how do u get ur pics on here at that size?
Last edited by rockr09 at Jul 12, 2006,