What kind of pedal do I need for this kind of distortion, along the lines of pantera, metallica, and children of bodom?

Frank
What kind of amp do you have?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Peavey Rage 158 Amp (says both 15 and 40 amps, so I'm assuming 40)
Last edited by gardon at Jul 11, 2006,
how does this compare to the:

Boss MT-2 metal zone

and the

Death Metal distortion pedal?
It destroys them CHeck out the J&H or look into a Maxon DS-9 it is as well amazing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Pantera is metal, early Metallica is thrash metal, and Children of Bodom are power metal. So why would you want a death metal distortion if those bands arent death metal?
Subdecay blackstar.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Thanks for all your help guys.

And for spirit crusher: read the beginning post. I asked what kind of distortion Pedal I would need to replicate Met, Pan, and Children's sound. I didnt' say death metal.

I was then looking into different pedals, and the death metal one caught my eye, but I don't know enough about the stuff to tell a difference.

Frank
Don't get the Digitech Death Metal imo. But I would recomened saving up for a better amp first then get the pedals
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
IMO the Death Metal Distortion sounds like its coming out of a tin can.Get some kind of overdrive instread.
Edit:Or get a new amp like ^^^^^ suggested
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
Quote by Spirit__Crusher
Pantera is metal, early Metallica is thrash metal, and Children of Bodom are power metal. So why would you want a death metal distortion if those bands arent death metal?

He's asking about a type of distortion, not for your shitty history of metal genres. Keep on topic FFS.

As for the pedals, I've got a Boss MT-2 and it does that job pretty fine, if you mess around with the levels on it and find what you want. I'm using it with a friggin strat and I can still get some really extreme distortion.

In order to get the tones you want (you probably already know this) you'll want one with humbuckers. Those coupled with an MT-2 can give you a pretty damn decent metal tone.

The J&H of course if probably better quality, due to the price and versatility, but I have no experience with it so I can't offer any honest advice on it.
So what would I want to look for in an amp? I play as a hobbyist, so I don't wanna dish out hundreds of dollars. I mean, paying 150 for a nice distortion pedal is fine, but going for the full setup is out of the question.

Should I aim for a new amp though to start it off?
maybe that new Krank distorus maximus?
EDIT: thats a pedal btw
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by gardon
So what would I want to look for in an amp? I play as a hobbyist, so I don't wanna dish out hundreds of dollars. I mean, paying 150 for a nice distortion pedal is fine, but going for the full setup is out of the question.

Should I aim for a new amp though to start it off?

I would go for a new amp.
You could get a Cube 60 if you want metal distortion, though I don't know much about amps suited for metal.
If you want a amp for metal you can get a Cube 60 it suits metal pretty well and its not that expensive
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
i have a cube 30 and i can say its brillaint so i highly recommend that, the tone i can get off that amp using an epiphone les paul custom is of a killswitch engage tone. good stuff if you ask me, so the cube 60 will be fit for your needs for sound and power
he was asking for pedals....

though the users are right...should get a Cube 30 or 60

for pedals....try Digitech DF-7....but hey....just try out some pedals on your local guitar store and choose what you like
I have that amp too, it's pretty crappy except for a begginers practice amp, so i don't know if pedals would give you what you want. The best thing is to get a new amp. The cube 30 is cheaper than the 60 so go for that if you don't need 60 wats
Cube 30 or Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?