Hey, i was just wondering what everyones favorite song by dave matthews band is, and what there favorite song to play is?? on any instrument

My favorites to play are warehouse, and #41, and crash even though its rediculously easy

My favorite song to hear are halloween, 41, well, everything by dave matthews

PS. dont post things like DMB SUCKS BALLS. thats your opinion, your intitled to it, but this thread isnt about your opinion on whether you like dave matthews, its about your opinion on your favorite songs.
Last edited by Smoothrider_41 at Jul 11, 2006,
I don't like TOO much DMB but they are good from what I've heard.. I like Tripping Billies and Two Step and obviously.. Ants Marching. I also love their cover of Watchtower... the only bad thing about them is their fans. Its become all whiny abercrombie wearing high school kids who care nothing about music.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
i dissagree, i may wear abercrombie, but music is my life. and i know a lot about it. and thats not true actualy, only the fake dave fans know nothing about music, the ones who chant two step at every show... the radio dave fans, mostly know nothign about dave matthews but try and act cool by talking like they are big fans. Im not saying you are just a radio fan, but if i was you, i would check out #41, becuase its an amazing song, and there are a lot of other songs that are amazing but are not well known out of the dave comunity

in case you didnt know., im a dave fanatic.

your a dead head, we usually get along
you scared the dead head away.

i dont think you should post this in the bands&artist..
what is dave matthews' genre? i think you should post it in that forum
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
wtf are the DMB?
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
dave matthews' band lol!
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
yeh the guy from barnsley has not prob heard them yet as they are a U.S band. Awesome tho should check em out. Im english and got all albums and live stuff but everyone i no has never heard of them.

Awesome band!
One of my younger friends has a few Dave Matthews covers on his Myspace, he's pretty good... unfortunately I don't really know how to find someone on Myspace, so I can't get it for you. I'll post it if I ever find it lol.
My cousin only listens to Dave. So I started to (copied his like 50 albums). I only like their live albums, and especially Luther College and Listener Supported.

Favorite songs: #41, Jimi Thing, A Christmas Song
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 11, 2006,
Primus your a cc!? anyways there needs to be a jam band forum.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Quote by Tenacious Me
Primus your a cc!? anyways there needs to be a jam band forum.

Yes. And probably not a good idea. We all know how things turn out when a bunch of hippies assemble in a group:

Fooour dead in O-hi-ooooo

But yeah, I've never been to one of his concerts. And I was at Borders the other day, and is it just me, or does he have a triple live album come out every few months.
#DTWD
he does have a lot of live dvds and cd's out, becuase hes amazing, you should realy buy the Central park concert, its amazing
Yeh central park concert is prob one of the best gigs ive ever seen. didnt go but wud of been awesome!
I really like the All Along The Watchtower cover of his
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Smoothrider_41
i dissagree, i may wear abercrombie, but music is my life. and i know a lot about it. and thats not true actualy, only the fake dave fans know nothing about music, the ones who chant two step at every show... the radio dave fans, mostly know nothign about dave matthews but try and act cool by talking like they are big fans. Im not saying you are just a radio fan, but if i was you, i would check out #41, becuase its an amazing song, and there are a lot of other songs that are amazing but are not well known out of the dave comunity

in case you didnt know., im a dave fanatic.

your a dead head, we usually get along

I'm not holding anything against you for wearing abercrombie. You can wear what you like it has no bearing on who you are, I guess I shouldn't have generalized, but try to think of it in like squares and rectangles... all rectangles are squares, but not all squares are rectangles kinda thing you know? And its not just Dave Matthews fans that I've noticed have become more casual and ignorant, but fans of bands I really like, like moe. and even more people have been getting into Phish (one of my all time favorite bands) who know nothing about the music nor care and think they are cool cause they've heard Farmhouse or whatever. I really meant no disrespect toward Dave Matthews fans in general, but I guess a certain group of people with a certain mentality, that has become more prominent with many bands... hell it even started to happen with the Dead in their later years, so its not like I have anything against you, sorry for any misunderstandings.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
fav to play - the stone & stay

fav to listen to- almost all ..esp when they play with trey (fool in the rain..even though its not their song)
I love listening to minarets and 36/everyday (which is sick live) more than most others, but theres really not a song he plays that i couldn't listen to. I like to play dancing nancies and warehouse, but my favorite overall has to be last stop (which i was surprised to find most people don't really get into that song).
Quote by esther_mouse
...bingo. signaturisation. like burnination, only even more flamey.

Worth listening to
who doesnt get into warehouse?! WOO!*guitar* WOO!

its so high energy!!

god, a whole yeah untill my next dmb concert.. im goign to go into withdrawl
DMB is probably my favorite band, I love most of his songs, the ones im into now are: Granny, Grace is Gone, Two Step, 41, satellite, but they change weekly. I love playing granny and satellite
"I believe in science"-Esquelto
their live shows are amazing. One Sweet World, Crush, #41, and Grace is Gone are awesome. and who doesnt like Pantala Naga Pampa?
PM me for
how could you not get into warehouse?! its so high energy, and the whole point of the song is to get into it!! with out the WOO!'s. warehouse just isnt warehouse
hey, I just got their first cd, and the instrumental stuff is awesome. The only thing I don't like is the vocals. I mean, they'ok, but it sounds like he sings through his nose. When I first heard dave matthews, it was their song "american baby" and the vocals were pretty good on that song.

Are there any albums by dave matthews where he sings better, and the instrumental work is still good? I really dig the whole fusion-sax bongo, harmonica thing they have going on. It's just the vocals..

Thanks.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by Daduke
DMB is probably my favorite band, I love most of his songs, the ones im into now are: Granny, Grace is Gone, Two Step, 41, satellite, but they change weekly. I love playing granny and satellite

I second you there, comrad. Granny and Satellite are so fun to play.

DMB is probably one of my favorite bands ever. Its weird though because I listen to mostly classic rock/90's grunge. They are more jazz than anything. Idk, I always just liked the idea of the guitar being a rhythm instrument anyway.

Also, some great songs to play are Rhyme and Reason, The Best of What's around, and Jimi Thing.

My Favs though are Satellite, #41 (check out the live versions, especially the listener supprted version), TWO STEP (sends chills down my spines about half the time I listen to it), Don't Drink the water, and The Best of What's Around

Here's my question though: How many people are inspired by just his acoustic playing. It's awesome, even though it isn't that complicated or hard?
Quote by fly fly fly
I second you there, comrad. Granny and Satellite are so fun to play.

DMB is probably one of my favorite bands ever. Its weird though because I listen to mostly classic rock/90's grunge. They are more jazz than anything. Idk, I always just liked the idea of the guitar being a rhythm instrument anyway.

Also, some great songs to play are Rhyme and Reason, The Best of What's around, and Jimi Thing.

My Favs though are Satellite, #41 (check out the live versions, especially the listener supprted version), TWO STEP (sends chills down my spines about half the time I listen to it), Don't Drink the water, and The Best of What's Around

Here's my question though: How many people are inspired by just his acoustic playing. It's awesome, even though it isn't that complicated or hard?

I am.

And some of daves stuff is really hard. Its mostly because it has some crazy stretches, like the chords to 41, and crash gets tiring. Rhyme and Reason is hard to play and sing at the same time. But as far as inspiration, i think gravedigger is one hell of a powerful song, and Seek up has some of the best lyrics ever written.
Quote by calebrocker
hey, I just got their first cd, and the instrumental stuff is awesome. The only thing I don't like is the vocals. I mean, they'ok, but it sounds like he sings through his nose. When I first heard dave matthews, it was their song "american baby" and the vocals were pretty good on that song.

Are there any albums by dave matthews where he sings better, and the instrumental work is still good? I really dig the whole fusion-sax bongo, harmonica thing they have going on. It's just the vocals..

Thanks.

AH! Dave CD's are trash.

Get a live album, or go see them live, and everything will change. And you have to get used to his voice.
wow dude...ive been a member here for a few months and i havent seen a THING about DMB..not even a mention so finnally I used the search bar and found this thread lol..gotta say im a HUUUUUGE DMB fan but i havent got to see em live yet..however this summmer im going to the Mile High Music Festival and their head lining it so im stoooooooked...btw best songs....gah soo hard to choose...i would say in no order..

tripping billies
american baby
two step
lie in our graves
where are you going
oh
stay or leave
so much to say

oh and if you like DMB you should check out some John Butler Trio....not extremley similar but they have the same "jam band" kinda feel that soo many artists these days lack...ive been really digging these guys lately
I've seen DMB once before with The Allman Bros. (Amazing, by the way) They were pretty good . I'm actually going to see them again sometime here soon, tix on sale tomorrow and my mom and my aunt want to go so I figured, "What the hell?"Anyway, I wish they would play with John Butler Trio, even though JBT doesn't come around the here all that much.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
I love DMB. I'm into the classic rock but for all newer 90's 00's music, DMB is definately number 1, althoug i still havent seen them live yet.. . My favorite songs are definately Satelite, Where Are You Going, Crash ( I love their easy, smooth rock), and definately Crush for the jazzy feel.