RG4 EX1

i was recently looking into getting a new guitar and i came across this, now ive heard good things about ibanez so i thought it might be worth it, i currently play a B.C. Rich bronze series Warlock, and was looking to upgrade, i was just wondering how this guitar sounds like does it have nice cleans? is it good for brighter cleans or more warm sounding for bluesy stuff? and when distorted is it good for lead distortion? and if so can i still get that nice deep thick tone distorted with it like in "glass prison - dream theater" i plan on using this guitar mainly for rhythm metal and maybe a bit of soloing, i already have a strat to play cleans and blues so i was looking for the other end of the deal, any help is greatly appreciated thanks
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
its a fender FM 212R, and im also using a digitech rp80 multieffect pedal, although that pedal will soon change cuz i dont exactly think its up to snuff

EDIT: i have no problem getting that deep thick sound i mentioned earlier with my warlock on that amp, but i dunno how the ibanez will sound

gear:
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Quote by Stratmaster69
RG4 EX1

i was recently looking into getting a new guitar and i came across this, now ive heard good things about ibanez so i thought it might be worth it, i currently play a B.C. Rich bronze series Warlock, and was looking to upgrade, i was just wondering how this guitar sounds like does it have nice cleans? is it good for brighter cleans or more warm sounding for bluesy stuff? and when distorted is it good for lead distortion? and if so can i still get that nice deep thick tone distorted with it like in "glass prison - dream theater" i plan on using this guitar mainly for rhythm metal and maybe a bit of soloing, i already have a strat to play cleans and blues so i was looking for the other end of the deal, any help is greatly appreciated thanks

I have an RG3EX1...it's pretty much the same, except with a hardtail instead of a FR and crappier stock pups - it's also $100 cheaper.

I've played the 4EX1 at a Guitar Center, and personally, I like my 3EX1 more - the Floyd Rose on the 4EX1 is total crap, and the pickups on both are pretty bad (I swapped mine for Seymour Duncans).

You could get it and swap out the pups, but I'd recommend going for a 3EX1 so you don't have to deal with the shitty tremolo.

VINDICEDIT:

You'll probably want a new amp too...Fender Frontmans (Frontmen?) suck.
Quote by Vindication
I have an RG3EX1...it's pretty much the same, except with a hardtail instead of a FR and crappier stock pups - it's also $100 cheaper.

I've played the 4EX1 at a Guitar Center, and personally, I like my 3EX1 more - the Floyd Rose on the 4EX1 is total crap, and the pickups on both are pretty bad (I swapped mine for Seymour Duncans).

You could get it and swap out the pups, but I'd recommend going for a 3EX1 so you don't have to deal with the shitty tremolo.

VINDICEDIT:

You'll probably want a new amp too...Fender Frontmans (Frontmen?) suck.

yes i plan to upgrade my amp, well rather keep that amp for my strat for my cleans and blues stuff, and get a whole new amp for my harder ****, and yes i agree i think i should look into the 3EX1 cuz i rarely ever use my tremelo bar

gear:
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
yeah but it would be a huge upgrade from a warlock

lol INDEED!!! *sigh* i wish i knew what i know now when i was younger, then maybe i wouldnt have bought that warlock for its looks rather than sound!, but hey im no petrucci here im still just novice so the warlock has been ok for me, cuz i dont think i really need to go and buy a 2000 dollar jackson or something right off the bat and then suck at playing, know what i mean? i was just trying ot keep it a bit more realistic and plausable

gear:
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
I was also looking into getting the rg4 ex1. I'm playing on a strat now, but I'm gonna sell it: looking to do some more Steve Vai kinda stuff. But I'm thinking that I'm gonna be using the floyd rose quite a bit, and I don't really want it break on me in the first week. Plus I'm on a tight budget, any suggestions?
Essentialy I'm looking for a JEM under $450. lol. What is out there for me, besides this????
nothing really since all the other rg's have trems that most likely can crap out after 6 months of usage
Great guitar, bad Floyd system. Then again, many Ibanez have ****ty Floyds. But for that price, it's worth it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
no this guitar kicks a$$ ...i have one and i ts so sick...and it has a GooD rose floyd bridge
AL3X!!?!
To hardcandy You have two choices;
1. Buy a Ibanez 3XX and pray to god you got one with a halfway decent trem or
2. If yu dont mind buying used you should look for a RG550 or 570. They are basically the new Prestige 1570 except with the prestige neck and possibly wiht a pickguard. The 5 series have Edge Pro 1s I believe which are pretty good. I saw a RG570 in good condition for $450 at a local guitar store. Try the nearby stores and eBay.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
I have the EXACT guitar you showed us in that EBAY ad. It plays really nice, and has a really smooth tone. I'm trying to sell it though, I personally prefer S series guitars from Ibanez.