I know its possible because i've seen it done. But how easy would it be to just take an old single coil or an old humbucker and mount in on my acoustic with a volume and a tone pot. Would this be very hard and exactly how would I go about doing something like this. I have a single coil from my first Ibanez GRX40 and a humbucker from my friends old Dean.
it will sound a bit more Brassy than most acoustic pickups but it will still work just fine. I wouldn't bother with tone and volume pots. Just run it directly to the output jack and controle tone on your amp, that way you don't need to worry about modding your guitar. Just get crative about a way to mount the pickup in the soundhole.
Not taking any online orders.
or.... if you don't want any body damage.....
you good go get the dean markley promag gold.
Amazing pickup. Low output though but it is humbucking.
check it out or go with your idea.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
^why would there be any body damage if he mounts a regular pickup to his acoustic.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^why would there be any body damage if he mounts a regular pickup to his acoustic.

I seen a couple people mount the pickup in the actual sound hole and it caused body damage.

Is their another way to do it?

DJ
^Anybody that I know that has made mounts to fit an electric guitar pickup into a soundhole had to make the mount themselves. I'm sure with a bit of thought you could make something that doesn't hurt the guitar.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^Anybody that I know that has made mounts to fit an electric guitar pickup into a soundhole had to make the mount themselves. I'm sure with a bit of thought you could make something that doesn't hurt the guitar.

True. The removable ones (like the promag gold) are removable and work very well.
I would say that he should try them out before putting in an electric pickup. The removable factor is nice when you don't want to screw with the sound to much.
Oh, btw, I don't mind if it has any body damage. I used to have a SA-1 Acoustic Soundhole Pickup made by Seymour Duncan. You had to clip it into your soundhole and then run a wire out of it and hang it on your strap button. It sucked though because my amp would have to be on twice as loud just to get a nice semi-loud sound.