Yeah so like im gonna get an electric guitar but im not sure what to get ... help me decide on a brand/company and a model within $500...thanks ... i want to get something that looks cool but not too expensive, i gotta get something within 500 bucks... thanks... posting pictures would help me out... and btw im just a 12 year old kid so please don't be really mean.
i was thinking of gettin an Ibanez RG370DX but im not sure... and when i say something that looks cool i mean something thats like black, blue, red, or silver...and something cool shaped would be nice something like a B.C. Rich guitar or a ESP LTD AX250... please post any helpfull ideas, thank you.....oh and i DON'T want anything shaped like a acoustic guitar or a les paul or anything round and big like that....thanks
Last edited by age12_guitarist at Jul 11, 2006,
Quote by rcmaster0072002
what kinda amp do you have and what styles do you play. what guitars you have now?

Currently i only have an acoustic but now im goin to electric...i don't have an amp yet... this is my first electric guitar..... i play rock, punk, & metal stuff. bits of all 3 of em'
Quote by rcmaster0072002
damn it edward you made fun of me for my bass joke.

What?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by sashki
Either the ibanez or an Epiphone les paul standard.

Epiphone for classic, Ibanez for modern rock.

you might also want to spend some money on a good amp.

yeah, im considering an ibanez rg370dx... i dont want a epiphone les paul kuz i just don't like their shapes, those shapes really piss me off... lol... yeah, i already started savin 4 a good amp
Don't spend $500 on a guitar and not get an amp man. Buy the Ibanez JumpStart pack.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
edward i made the thread on "i have a 4 string guitar and i was wondering why it was different from my other guitar"
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar-with-Planet-Waves-Accessory-Pack?sku=517948

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30-1x10-30W-with-COSM-and-EFX-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480023

Get that.

EDIT-Oh you mean this.
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Liek, OMG YOU n00b Icant belive u dont now wut a base is!!1111OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGLOLORZLOLRZ

edit- Man I really felt stupid after posting that.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by Mike1109
Don't spend $500 on a guitar and not get an amp man. Buy the Ibanez JumpStart pack.

Don't worry dude, i got seperate money saved up for an amp... i got up to $500 save JUST for the guitar... any suggestions on a good guitar for me???
Quote by age12_guitarist
Don't worry dude, i got seperate money saved up for an amp... i got up to $500 save JUST for the guitar... any suggestions on a good guitar for me???

Save up about $800 and get this guitar with this amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Save up about $800 and get this guitar with this amp.

thanks for the links, that seems like a pretty good guitar too me except its on the expensive side but i think i could deal with that...i don't need helps with amps now since i already got a roland planned in mind.
^It's right in your price range isn't it?

I was thninking of picking one up myself, that is a very nice guitar.

EDIT-So this is your first electric, right? You might not want to go with something that has a Floyd Rose, try the Schecter Omen,very nice guitar and perfect for beginners.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
I wouldn't go for the KH because the FR trem might be too complicated for a beginner.

im not completely a beginner... iv'e been playin acoustic guitar for like 2 years now... but yea, i am a beginner to an electric guitar, lol.
Quote by age12_guitarist
im not completely a beginner... iv'e been playin acoustic guitar for like 2 years now... but yea, i am a beginner to an electric guitar, lol.

Yeah, I meant beginner on electric. The FR is complicated and it'll be harder for you to restring and tune, so I reccomend one with a stopbar, hardtail, tune-o-matic, or floating trem(strat-style).
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Yeah, I meant beginner on electric. The FR is complicated and it'll be harder for you to restring and tune, so I reccomend one with a stopbar, hardtail, tune-o-matic, or floating trem(strat-style).

ok, thanks man, your a real nice & helpful guy.
Quote by age12_guitarist
ok, thanks man, your a real nice & helpful guy.

Thanks
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
ummm dont know how to say this but Floating Trems are also Floyd Roses and the ZR trem can be considered a form of floating trem.

edit: id say these models http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SZ320-Electric-guitar-with-Limited-Edition-Crybaby-Wah-Pack?sku=519755 or http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SZ520QM-Electric-GuitarLimited-Edition-Crybaby-Wah-Pack?sku=517945
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jul 11, 2006,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ummm dont know how to say this but Floating Trems are also Floyd Roses and the ZR trem can be considered a form of floating trem.

I know, but it was 4 in the morning when I typed that, so I wasn't exactly in the best state of mind.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
you might wanna try the SEs of PRS... i think it fits in your budget...
Quote by CustomCustom

Quote by age12_guitarist
yeah, im considering an ibanez rg370dx... i dont want a epiphone les paul kuz i just don't like their shapes, those shapes really piss me off... lol... yeah, i already started savin 4 a good amp

He said he hates LP.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky