Hello everyone

I need help deciding on a guitar! I know I've made loads of threads like this, but this is the last guitar I'll ever buy, so I gotta pick a good one.

I want it to produce the following tones:
-Bluesy clean sound, for ballads and SRV-type stuff
-Moderate overdrive, like AC/DC
-A fat, powerful distorted rhythm tone, like Sum 41 or even Zakk Wylde
-A hard rock/metal lead tone from the bridge pickup, again, like Zakk or the Darkness
-A 'singing' sort of tone, like Steve Vai

I like Strat-type guitars, as they're the most comfortable. It has to have high output pickups and strong harmonics! The neck pickup must have an Alnico magnet (for warmth and good cleans).

My choices so far include the Schecter C-1 Anniversary or Classic, Fender American standard strat or Fender HH strat with Seymour Duncans.

My budget is 1300 euros.

Any comments or suggestions welcome, thanks in advance to everyone
Quote by sashki
Hello everyone

I need help deciding on a guitar! I know I've made loads of threads like this, but this is the last guitar I'll ever buy, so I gotta pick a good one.

Are you dying or something?

I say go all out and get a Grestch, in know thats not what he wants but they really are great . Plus he did say he wanted some thing bluesy
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
Are you dying or something?

No, I'm not THAT emo.

It's just that it took me about 3 years to earn the money, and I don't like the idea of having, like, 6 different guitars for different purposes. I'd rather have one reliable and versatile guitar.
would you like to have a floating trem? id say for pickup config you would want h/s/h and pickup wise you want to look at bareknuckles really
Les Paul? Good all-round guitar for blues, rock - anything. I don't like them personally, but it has to be said, it would suit what you're looking for.
Quote by inefficiency
Les Paul? Good all-round guitar for blues, rock - anything. I don't like them personally, but it has to be said, it would suit what you're looking for.

I don't like them either. A Schecter C-1 is better anyway.

And I'm afraid I can't get bareknuckles. They're amazing pickups, but I live in switzerland...

EDIT: to Phil:
Happy Birthday! But I would NOT like a floating trem. They're hell to set up and I never use it. Either Fender trem or Hardtail.
hmmm.....well all rounders are hard to find (ones that arent begginer guitars anyway), i say go with a Fender Strat, there the only ones that can match all of your criteria well and evenly.
a fender fat strat, you can always replace the pickups with better ones
"Don't play what's there; play what's NOT there" - Miles Davis
Quote by azn_guitarist25
thanks for the birthday message. have you ever thought of going with a custom handmade guitar

Yes I have, but it's too expensive and I dunno where to get one. And I'm quite happy with Stock guitars.