Has anyone got the tab to the lesson by John that's floating about on google at the moment? I know it was from a guitar magazine but I can't get hold of it.

Its the Under the Bridge lesson - and yes, I'm well aware of the gazillion other Under the Bridge tabs out there, but they're different to the way he actually plays it.

Cheers guys.
Terms and Conditions apply.
if you have comcast on demand go to music--->guitar lessons---> celebrity lessons---> John Frusciante. They have a video of it there.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Yeah, I have the video, its the tab to accompany the video that I need. Cheers anyway man.
where can you get the video?
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Any chance of posting it or PMing me it?
love this vid...not good at tabbing though...
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Here's figure 8:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/4cad76c3-22f4-4359-afbf-40c604668099/Fig8.mp3

And here's figure 9 which is like figure 8 only 10 seconds longer and IMO better :

http://www.esnips.com/doc/220f3d44-7f15-46a8-b428-ce841a0875a8/Fig9.mp3

I'd like to get fig 9 tabbed atleast
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
And me! haha. (You could just post it in this thread if you didn't want to PM us all) I'll take anything, whether text version, a .jpg scan, or something. Thanks!
"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing."
Last edited by scribbles at Aug 10, 2006,
Getting the Video is easy, but I think we want the TAB chart for it!, all the tabs on ug are differnt from the way he's playing it.
Deluxe American Strat, 3 tone sunburst
Line 6 Spyder III, 75w
Still no tabs for it? Hm..
Quote by cagnius
Has anyone got the tab to the lesson by John that's floating about on google at the moment? I know it was from a guitar magazine but I can't get hold of it.

Its the Under the Bridge lesson - and yes, I'm well aware of the gazillion other Under the Bridge tabs out there, but they're different to the way he actually plays it.

Cheers guys.

its pretty much the same thing, in figure 3 i guess he is just hadding some different hammer ons and pull offs..its pretty easy to muck around with.. i dont really feel like taking the time to tab all of it out
one thing i've noticed when i see someone play under the bridge is that, even if they play it in the same position and all that, they still don't get the feel or style of the song down. this saddens me.

you really shouldn't be worried about how frusciante plays it and if the tabs on the internet are the same, because guess what....

HE NEVER PLAYS UTB THE EXACT SAME WAY TWICE. listen to how he plays it on the video then listen to the studio version. its DIFFERENT.

so what i'm trying to say is, you should listen to it and figure it out yourself or go by a tab on the internet and alter what you think is wrong.
I think everyone just wanted to know what the lesson was in the magazine for those of us who don't have the issue. My subscription ended too soon, I forgot to renew it. Wahhwahh, lol.

Quote by boldaslove
one thing i've noticed when i see someone play under the bridge is that, even if they play it in the same position and all that, they still don't get the feel or style of the song down. this saddens me.

I notice that with a lot of other songs, besides just this one. Some people are robots and don't understand that playing has to be backed up with some kind of emotion. It doesn't mean that the players on this thread are going to be like that.

Quote by boldaslove
HE NEVER PLAYS UTB THE EXACT SAME WAY TWICE. listen to how he plays it on the video then listen to the studio version. its DIFFERENT.

Does anyone play a song the exact same twice...ever? I mean a human guitar player not programs like GP or PT etc etc. And you are right, it's different. Just like every time we practice a song we are constantly improving and coming up with new ways for ourselves to execute something.

Quote by boldaslove
so what i'm trying to say is, you should listen to it and figure it out yourself or go by a tab on the internet and alter what you think is wrong.

Like the thread has said many times above, they just want to know what the lesson was on paper, not just the video and figure it out themselves. But great advice otherwise, I alter what I don't like in tabs and practice tabbing things out myself in order to get a hang of it and post some up on UG's tab archive.
agree with that person who said that frusciante plays it different each time.

i've only played guitar for about 5 months and under the bridge is taking me a while to learn it.

looked at heaps of tabs for it and there are so many different versions.

i'm having trouble with the first part where it kicks into all this hammer on stuff

everything else is ok, intro, chorus except for the main verses where all the hammer ons and slides and stuff

any suggestions?

cheers
Right now i am submitting the tabbed version of under the bridge from the video, it will go under john frusciante as lesson or something
Quote by chatlo77
Right now i am submitting the tabbed version of under the bridge from the video, it will go under john frusciante as guitar lessons or something
is this the tab from guitarworld,,its very interesting because im an avid fan of red hot chili peppers?

oops sorry, an old thread..mercy for the newbie
Last edited by kurtdaniel1 at Sep 3, 2010,