Are all them Ibanez guitars on ebay coming from China copies?

Are they useless pieces of ****? I've seen some nice JEMs etc. there before, but I was thinking, are they just useless copies made from rubbish that will fall apart easily?

As I'm not an expert guitar player, I wouldn't mind having one of them!
They might play, but I wouldn't take the chance. The prices are small, but if I remember correctly, shipping is killer.

If you can pick one up for an amount of money that you won't mind losing should it be horrible, go for it! It might work well for you.
The only problem with those Chinese copies is some of them want a lot. But I don't see a problem if you know its fake, but you get it at a really cheap price. Hey, as long as it sounds and plays good, why not?
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
yeh but some may be real shoddy and may sound like absolute crap and yeh the shipping is a pain in the ass
Interesting!

Does anyone know of the quality though? Since its on ebay, I highly doubt its a scam right?

I could probably get a nice one for say under ?400, which is ok to me.
if the offer is too good to be true then its probably a scam. Look at some of the les pauls. 99p and £100 pound postage (as an example) something odd is going on. Also it said one of these guitar dealers had 100% feedback. He reckoned he was an ebay shop and had 3 feedbacks!! what the hell. I advise you to be very weary of anything like that on ebay and make sure you have fully read the details before putting any money down or you may be seriously disappointed...

i'd do a lot of dangerous things to get my hands on a JCM full stack- GNR_ROK
If it was a scam, and I received no product, I could contact ebay right?

They are still getting money for it though. The packaging is high, but thats how they make the money, so it still seems kinda legit to me.
ebay is usually pretty good for being authentic but but if you are going to buy a guitar, buy it from your local guitar shop and buy all the extras on ebay (pickups, pickguards, etc.). The parts that u can find on ebay are endless so thats why i am suggesting this.
Rest In Peace Syd Barrett
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
But if no one is willing to pay money for the actual guitar, and they must get their payment through shipping, the gutiar is logically not worth the money.

400 seems a bit steep.....up to you though....it's definitely a risk....you might get the guitar, but it may play horribly.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
But if no one is willing to pay money for the actual guitar, and they must get their payment through shipping, the gutiar is logically not worth the money.

400 seems a bit steep.....up to you though....it's definitely a risk....you might get the guitar, but it may play horribly.

didnt someone get one on here. i forgot if he liked the guitar or not
if you look in the item description it dont actaully say ibanez (model) , hence if they sell them and you are not satisfied you cant do anything
I'm looking at a guitar that looks identical to a Universe 7 string. Plus I emailed the guy and he says its mahogany. Plus he says it just cheaper because labour and materials are cheaper in China.

It has Ibanez Universe written on the headstock.

The seller has 88.9% positive feedback.

What you think?
yeah i was lookin on ebay and some guy in china had a ibanez jem listed as a gibson les paul and another guy had 6 or so lps listed for 9 dollars and change with like 9 minutes left so im pretty sure there fakes or gibsons losing money selling lps for 10 bucks
Yea but look at the shipping costs, they are high. Thats how they make their money.

And like ?400 would go a long way in China!

Anyone think it is worth the purchase?
I still say try to find a used version of the guitar u want (And i mean really used) and buy the parts for it on ebay - last week i bought a SD Hot Rails on ebay for 16$!!! You could buy any guitar brand new but a used one that is done up rite will sound better in the end.
Rest In Peace Syd Barrett
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Quote by Megatallica
I'm looking at a guitar that looks identical to a Universe 7 string. Plus I emailed the guy and he says its mahogany. Plus he says it just cheaper because labour and materials are cheaper in China.

It has Ibanez Universe written on the headstock.

The seller has 88.9% positive feedback.

What you think?

yeah he has that feedback, but did he sell any guitars ?.... it is usually little chinese ornaments they sell, labour is cheap my bollocks.. the reason why shipping is high... i think, is they are covering themselves, giving the person an opportunity to buy a cheap guitar but then the shipping is unreal
Last edited by thatguy147 at Jul 11, 2006,
Yea he sells ornaments. But I think he sold one guitar before.

So basically, the guitar WILL be ****? utter ****.

Like I can pick up a JEM Universe copy for about 400. Will it be utter bollocks?

PS anyone know what happens if you bid and win, and then say you don't want it?
Last edited by Megatallica at Jul 11, 2006,
Quote by Megatallica
Well I'll try it anyway. And if it sucks major balls, I'll sell it!

you probably wont make any profit unless you sell it to some real guitar noob