Page 1 of 2
you cant say taht every power metal band is the next dragonforce
dragonforce didn't even create power metal
sounds more like helloween to me
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Quote by Tezza_Larks
you cant say taht every power metal band is the next dragonforce
dragonforce didn't even create power metal
sounds more like helloween to me

That's not what he's saying, you dumbass. He's saying that Cellador might achieve as much popularity as DragonForce have achieved recently.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Last edited by kirkisking at Jul 11, 2006,
Quote by flamencogod
pretty good, I knew them already

enter deception is a great album, this is a grown-up dragonforce

Aren't they all younger than Dragonforce's members? Anyways, I think it's the other way round - a less developed Dragonforce. (with a different vocalist, obviously. Gremio sounds more like Bruce Dickinson than ZP Theart)
Quote by kirkisking
That's not what he's saying, you dumbass. He's saying that Cellador might achieve as much popularity as DragonForce have achieved recently.

i have people to fight my battles for me. sweet.
jesus man you almost gave me a heart attack!!!!! i used to be in a band called Cellar Door and they were so ****.
these guys are raw but they are not as good as dragonforce
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Catchy stuff. Yeah the vox sound a lot like Bruce. I like it.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
i like these guys better than dragonforce. the singer doesn't sound like a tea kettle and the riffs are more groovy. solos might be not quite on par, but then again, there can only be one Herman Li (yay for rhyming)
i like em but there not as catchy as dragonforce however they deffinately remind of maiden just not as good, i hope they make it
Yeah, these guys are pretty cool. I still think Dragonforce is superior though, even though they're more repetitive(sp?) than [insert clever simile here]
I definately prefer the vocals on this one but I think Herman Li and Sam Totman still have one up on them.
Quote by kirkisking

Erm, I saw that before you edited. First time around you thought he was being sarcastic... Don't patronize him when you don't actually know for certain yourself what the guy means...

I kinda agree with Tezza_Larks, since frankly it's about as different to Dragonforce as it could be while still being power metal. The lyrics are totally different, the vocalist is quite dissimilar, the riffs are more tremolo than Dragonforce, who seem to use speed picking (like most shredders, I've found), and the solos are a bit less strong, too. And they haven't used one of the Dragonforce main rules - massively difficult technical guitar during the verses, four power chords for the chorus so the singer can have a real part in the song without getting too overshadowed.

However, it's a moot point. It was a comparison that was reasonable enough, since 95% of the people on here don't know any power metal beyond Dragonforce. I'm presuming that's what he was getting at...

Oh, and Inimical? Now you've made me mad...
I was thinking about making a thread on them a while ago. They are pretty cool IMO. Even though the vox is still a tad bit cheesy IMO. They remind me of Iced Earth, for some reason.
I'm pretty sure they're going to make it.

I mean their music video is already playing on headbanger's ball, and that's pretty much getting out there to the mainstream h4xcore kiddies .
Hmm not bad.. not bad at all

I definatly prefer the vocals compared to ZP's, which get irritating quickly.
Yea I've known about these guys for ages. Mainly cause we were supposed to play some shows with them... then we disbanded. I've always been a fan. Very solid power metal. Their debut cd is great by the way.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
cellar door, the most beautiful word in the english language! lawl...okay I'll give them a listen now -_-

The vocalist IMO sounds like a cross between Dickinson and Michael Kiske and even a little bit of James Labrie. I really like this though. It's definately not over-the-top like Dragonforce.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Last edited by Gman400 at Jul 11, 2006,
No, this is the new Maiden...... can you believe this kids voice, and he's my age. That's soooooooooo amazing a gift to have.

Plus the lyrics are about things that aren't video games, or dragon battles.

Leaving All Behind is the mother ****ing god!!!!!!!
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Last edited by hethamulburton at Jul 11, 2006,
Anyone else notice that about 4:10 into No Chances Lost is a total ripoff of the Heart of an Eagle melody by Startovarius? Heart of an eagle he flies through the rainbow into a new world on the other side (or something like that.)
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by SGRocker0791
They remind me of Iced Earth, for some reason.

That's exactly what I thought too. Probably because both have deep maiden influences.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I just like how they don't use lyrics you feel kinda nerdy listening to.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
They need to tour US with D-Force and Sonata. That being said, i like these guys better than Dragonforce, at least compared to Inhuman Rampage...its like the same song over and over again. Through the Fire and the Flames owns all though.
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Quote by benchiefjr
They need to tour US with D-Force and Sonata. That being said, i like these guys better than Dragonforce, at least compared to Inhuman Rampage...its like the same song over and over again. Through the Fire and the Flames owns all though.

oh ****... I sure hope sonata arctica is NEVER gonna tour with Dragonforce! that would degrate them....
Quote by Gman400
Anyone else notice that about 4:10 into No Chances Lost is a total ripoff of the Heart of an Eagle melody by Startovarius? Heart of an eagle he flies through the rainbow into a new world on the other side (or something like that.)

lol what a rip-off... it happens more than ones in that song!
Dragonforce arnt power metal

they are extreme power metal

and as far as i know

the only extreme power metal band out.
dude man. i still say this guy sounds exactly like bruse dickenson. the song "leave it all behind" sounds exactly like a solo song that bruce dickenson dide, i just cant place which one.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
I heard them yesterday. I actually didn't like them much (trust me, i tried to). I love the guitars and technically they are amazing but i just cant stand their singer. I tried listening to them for an hour and the singing just pushed me away. Ah well, i guess i just like more of a darker singer than the uplifting type.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by Kymble
Dragonforce arnt power metal

they are extreme power metal

and as far as i know

the only extreme power metal band out.

I lol'd.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Yeah, I've been trying to dig up the CD but I can't find it.
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
The best part about DragonForce is the soloing...its why I love 'em...But these guys definitely are nothing near as good as DragonForce.
Dragon Force is absolutley ****ing amazing. Their guitar playing is just unbelieveable. DFFL!
lol on their site it says they are US MELODIC METAL

just goes to show you that the mainstream has no clue what power metal is...let alone any genres of metal other than nu

lol I love the way the singer looks...to me he has the looks of some a7x fan or sumptin

with a killer voice
Last edited by Canada911 at Jul 13, 2006,
yeah Dragonforce Is good, i thought they sucked because all I heard was Apostles of the Dark, but I'm starting to like em
I like Cellador myself..just recentely heard of them. They sound like Dragonforce mellowed down with a Bruce Dickinson-esque vocalist. One of my favorite Power Metal bands. I definately see them getting bigger. Enter Deception just recently came out in the past few months. They have a myspace with some of their songs on there. Pretty good in my opinion.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Page 1 of 2