okay i need some help. i dont want to spend a million dollars on bieng able to record at home i do have a pc obviously and i know how to use it pretty good. what should i do to have good sound quality but get it realitivly cheap?thanks for your help! sorry if its already in the forums i dont have the patience to look.
to be honest if your going to use you own pc i would buy one and dedicate it to that purpose but otherwise i would get a 8 track recorder or 16 track or what ever
depends what u mean by 'relativley cheap'..............recording equipment is ****ing expensive if u wanna get anything close to a professional sound. i know a guy who spend like 6 grand on his studio and it still sounds pretty amateur tbh. like viper1402 said...........its best to have a computer totally dedicated to recording.............cuz recording/mixing/editing programs take up a lot of space on your hard-disk.............and so do the actual recordings. be more specific about what your budget is and what sought of music you are going to be recording and the levels of audio quality you wish to attain.
Well, not so much for the HD space as for the "clean" environment. Systems with lots of unnecessary programs on a "dedicated" computer have problems. Just random ones...
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by tom_ledzep
depends what u mean by 'relativley cheap'..............recording equipment is ****ing expensive if u wanna get anything close to a professional sound. i know a guy who spend like 6 grand on his studio and it still sounds pretty amateur tbh. like viper1402 said...........its best to have a computer totally dedicated to recording.............cuz recording/mixing/editing programs take up a lot of space on your hard-disk.............and so do the actual recordings. be more specific about what your budget is and what sought of music you are going to be recording and the levels of audio quality you wish to attain.

If your friend dropped 6k in equipment and his recordings still suck, it has more to do with him being bad at it than it does with the equipment.
i use equipment that totals around 1k and i'd say my recordings sound good.

it ain't about the money, it's about experience and what you can do with what you have.
Depends on the route you want to go. I tried using PC recording and just didnt enjoy it as much as ' traditional ' metohds. Hours of messing around with audio file formats. Horrid fuzzy distortion with unknown sources etc.

bascailly to get a good enough PC setup to sound almost pro will cost 1000-2000 dollars.

With traditional hardware you would probably have to double it depedning on how digital or analogue you want to go.
Quote by pratt121
If your friend dropped 6k in equipment and his recordings still suck, it has more to do with him being bad at it than it does with the equipment.

yeh probably............but from seeing him in the studio..............he seems to know what he is doing...........i might be wrong though.