Did you use a book or online help or what? Just a very general question. I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
laters
Hugo
I just followed the directions on how to solder that were provided on the back of my soldering iron's packaging, then I followed the color-coded directions provided with my pickups. It's paint-by-numbers simple, really. As far as custom wiring goes, I use the internet for resources.
Hi, I'm Peter
It's easy...just look around the net for basic electronics guides.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I worked for a small company that built PA equipment.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
hmm, i probably should have read the directions that came with my soldering iron. but i've found that both duncan's and dimarzio's online (and in-packaging) instructions are incomplete, but when i combined the knowledge presented by both of them i got a more complete picture. other than that it was trial and error.
I started taking apart a POS guitar and kept track of which wire went where. I started reading more about the whys and that led to me modding my own guitars. I'm starting with amps now...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I do lots of computer and electronics mods. Which involve soldering. I can also read schematics. So everything for basic guitar electronics is pretty simple.
i just figured everything out by looknig at it and thinknig, i have known how to solder for 10 years now, and i used to know how to read schematics
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Just simply after looking at lots of different diagrams. I've managed to piece together all the stuff I really need.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Well i got a solering iron... jk i learned it at school (it's a lot better at home 'cos u dnt get told off for biting wires to get the insulation off the ends.)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Well i got a solering iron... jk i learned it at school (it's a lot better at home 'cos u dnt get told off for biting wires to get the insulation off the ends.)

heh... Ive never thought of biting them... I think you've started me on something...
The first day I got my electric I took the pickguard off

I soon replaced the ****ty switch that came with it, then eventually rewired the whole thign
I got swineshead pickups, and it has diagrams on there, and soldering is pretty simple really.......to be honest........
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Quote by HugoMadizon
heh... Ive never thought of biting them... I think you've started me on something...

It's better for your teeth and your digestive tract to use a lighter to melt the plastic off the ends if you don't have a wire stripper.
Hi, I'm Peter
I actually took an electronics course. I know that Fender has a large library of schematics for their guitars. It's pretty easy if you just pay attention and follow the diagrams. The schematics are on their website and are available for free.
Now I've heard it said from various articles on the internet that most guitars, even higher end ones, are wired in a completely inefficient and almost completely poor manner. How much veracity is there to that sentiment?
Hi, I'm Peter
trial and error on the basic stuff ike just wiring pups in series and stuff. coil tap and coil split and stuff like that i use the net for diagrams and schematics.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Quote by Dirk Gently
It's better for your teeth and your digestive tract to use a lighter to melt the plastic off the ends if you don't have a wire stripper.

Can I still eat the delicious plastic pieces after i strip them off?
1) i have a vast electrical background, so i understood what to do before hand
2) i read the diagram that came with the pups
3) thats it
Quote by eddiehimself

I'm taking the electronics course in high-school next year (going into 9th grade)... i swear if my teacher doesn't give me a pair of dikes, he/she is NOT yelling at me for biting wires to strip them