hey, i want a great tone for melodic death metal like at the gates, arch enemy, in flames, dark tranquility etc...

i really only want advice on pickups, as i have my heart set on getting the peavey 6505.

im not that into sccoped tones because they dont cut it when playing with drums/bass.

i am considering these pickups (and others suggested): Bare Knuckles Miracle Man, Bare Knuckles Warpig...AND...EMG 81/85 set.

only thing i dont like about EMG is that everyone has them.
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL
yeah but think about WHY everybody has EMG...they're great!
But you could also get Bill Lawrence L500 (Dimebag had them in former times)
or also seymour duncan pick-ups, and why not a Dimebucker?
They all sound great and get the sh*t out of your guitar!
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
i'd wait till you get the peavey before getting pickups- that way you'll know what's lacking in your tone that you can address with new pickups...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Id definitly get the 6505, it'll get the tone your after spot on. As for pickups, theres only really EMG's that have the clarity, punch and fatness your after. In my opinion nothing comes close for metal. Like Ali_Boulala said, thats why most metal players use em.
^ emg's fat? you're talking about the 81?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, not fat in the same way as a PAF. Has more punch and clarity but still got that bottom end without being wooly.
has anybody even heard some bare knuckles in action? they sound freakin sweet!
http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172 download this soundclip of a miracle man in action through a JCM 800 (not the most metal suited amp on the planet - but proves what can be done)

its just, ive heard lots of variation of tone with EMGs - i like them sometimes but i can hate them sometimes, and i dont think its ever really grabbed my attention like some tones ive heard.

Does anybody know what pickups In Flames used in the songs 'The Jester Race' and 'December Flower'? (whoever was doing the solo's to these songs)
i loved the tone on that album.
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL