My local awesome guitar shop is called the House of Guitars. They have an Marshall there (not for sale) that is WAY bigger than any other amp I've ever seen. A regular full stack is a bit taller than a full grown average guy, but this amp is about fifteen feet tall. It says JTM45 on the front, and it looks like an average Marshall, but the cabinets are twice as tall as usual, if not more. Could anyone tell me what type of amp this is? I'll post pics if possible.
the cabs you mean were probably the oversized marshall cabs. about 4in taller each.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I dont know if it works or not. One of the guys there said Cheap Trick used it on one of their tours, but I think its just a prop.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
^ when they first made full stacks they had one huge cab instead of 2 half sized cabs. then pete townsheds roadies started complaining about the amp cause it was too big to carry, so they separated the one big cab into two smaller cabs. thats what i remember hearing
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
that thing in house of guitars is just a prop im pretty sure. i dont think you can even actually play it. its gotta be 15 something feet tall and just one of the cabs could prolly hold 16 speakers haha. i think its just a gimmick that marshall made.
no, crate made an amp like that, a gigantic one and it worked fine, why would marshall make an amp that didnt work> that'd be stupid
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
to use as a stage prop. it used to be pretty common to line your stage with empty cabs especially back in the 80s and im sure a lot of bands still do it now. its better than looking at the back of the stage i guess.

eddie van halen for instance uses 5 cabs for his rig according to guitargeek.com. if theres no mic on the cab its a pretty safe assumption that its just a dummy to fill the stage.