I need to know how i got about putting a KLillswitch in my guitar. I'm going to repaint it and get all new pickups in it. I need to know if you have to build a Killswitch. Or can you buy them. Also how you go about wiring them. If they can be built tell me how. It's a Johnson. Strat style body. Thanks in Advance
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus Gold top
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
hmm. Well I would like to change my Strat style body from holding single coils to holdign Humbuckers. I would needa strat shaped pickguard that holds humbuckers. and also. I got an idea. but could you put it in and easier form? The other thing is. all i really need t do is buy a pickup selector liek that on a Les Paul?
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Virtually, every switch can be a killswitch. It's just a matter of the right wiring. (If I'm not mistaking though )
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Well, can i use it with a strat setup?
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Easiest is to get an on-off miniswitch, install it between your jack and the volume control in the signal path. Only requires a small hole be drilled in your pickguard.
Hi, I'm Peter
how would ou drill it? with a spade or something. wha5tever you use cuold you give me the size of the hole(or the spade or the bit) and al of that stuff. Thanks.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
You can get mini switches that would only require a hole about 1/4-3/8" Depends what you want, how big you want it. You could also get a push-pull pot that would require no modification at all.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well I want somehting similar to a normal Les Paul Toggle Switch.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
Those are sold pretty much everywhere, Radio Shack, Home Depot, your local guitar shop, or worst comes to worst... (dare i say it) www.stewmac.com .

As for the switching to humbuckers, I wouldnt wanna do that if I were u, its a LOT of work because youll have to re-rout the body and buy a new pickgaurd. It CAN be done, but probably not worth it unless you REALLY REALLY want humbuckers.
Well to my amazement when i opened her up, it would fit humbuckers. I was going to keep it a Single coil guitar but then I remembered that none of my guitars have any power to them. Mainly because the bulk of them have either single coil or vintage pups in them. So i wanted somehitng in it that would make it a guitar with a good powerful sound to it. I liek the vintage sound. It's my preferance. I don't liek much of the stuff that comes out lately. I liek it all vintage. So. That' why i want humbuckers. this guitar's really ****ed up. Only one of the pickups work. It' what's left of a Johnson. It was an awesome guitar for some rock. But it wasn't mine until recently it came into my possesion. I took out the jack for it for a Cabinet i recently built. Then eck seems liek it may have a chance of survival. Worst comes to worst. I'll just use a hot rails pickup and the one that works form the original setup. I'll only have two though. I liek having two pickups. That's the only reason that i'd change it too normal sized humbuckers. It's more comfortable to mek. and it looks more rugid.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide