In the concierto de Aranjuez, by Joaquin Rodrigo, the music tells you to play a natural harmonic at the 14th fret at the very end of the 2nd movement.

http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/r/rodrigo_joaquin/concierto_de_aranjuez-tab.shtml

Ive been tryin to get a clear note for ages, im using a nylon strung electro acoustic as i will need to amplify it for a concert at school. Does anyone know how to play this note? It need to be a pitch of F#. It is doable, I have a recoding of the concierto being performed. Help!
Nothing really matters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGuitar
I'm only responsible for the Korean jizz...

I never thought I'd say those words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_haeni
Bahah, i just got BUTSECKS to work.
you are placing your finger directly over the 14th fret, right? when you play a natural harmonic your finger on your fretting hand should be directly on top of the actual fret... not to the side of it as if you were fretting the note. chances are you probably already knew that, but i have no idea what your skill level is and i can't think of any other reason that you would be getting trouble with this.
i did place it directly above the fret, but the note still comes out muffled. this concerto is not easy, but this note is the very last one so it has to be the most perfect one. i dont think its like a harmonic at the 12th fret or 7th fret or 9th fret, cos those come out perfectly on my guitar. the 14th is not exactly half a string length, so its difficult to get a sound. i was wondering whether anyone can tell me how to improve the sound?
Nothing really matters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGuitar
I'm only responsible for the Korean jizz...

I never thought I'd say those words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_haeni
Bahah, i just got BUTSECKS to work.
I am not sure on this particular piece, but I know in a lot of classical stuff like in Asturias it has you fret something and then play a harmonic. So this may be telling you to fret on the second fret and play a harmonic at the fourteenth which would be like the 12th fret harmonic, but in the pitch of the fourteenth.
Ah, beautiful piece, lemme take a look at this...

Well first of all, that's not the last not of the piece, it's the last note of the second movement, the Adagio. Which is, to me, the most beautiful movement of the piece, of course.

Aaanyway, onto this note... I found no logical way of doing this the NH (natural harmonic) way, so I applied some CREATIVITY!@?!?

Yeah, it's really, just use a classica style artificial harmonic. Fret the 14th fret, as if you were to play it normally. Then with your picking hand, place your I finger (pointer finger) on the E string at the the right place... on my guitar, it's right above the end of the soundhole on the string. Then use whatever finger is more comfortable between M and A (for me it is A, the ring finger), to pluck the string while you are fretting the 14th, and touching the string with your I. Of course like other harmonics, once you pluck the string, removing all fingers that are touching.

Sorry if you knew how to do this, but I had to talk like you didn't know so that I could get this all into one post.
My God, it's full of stars!
I found a way to do natural harmonics on nearly every fret : you put your right hand i finger nail over the fret you want to do the harmonic (in this case the 14th) and you play the string with the same hand thumb (like an artificial harmonic). It works for the 14th fret too. (looks like dreadnough found the way too )