Just wondering if anyone can tell me if theres an effects pedal that replicates the sound of two guitars soloing, similar to classic Iron Maiden and Judas Priest duel solos. I think the only effect I've heard that comes close is Vai on a multi effects pedal.
Quote by `NeXxuS`
a harmonizer.

Is this a feature on most multi effects pedals? I've not really looked at many pedals yet. any recommendations? thanks
if you just want a sound effect of 2 guitars playing the same thing (i.e. one guitar mimic'ing another) you can use a stereo chorus and set the depth low and the rate mid or high and run the left out into one set of speakers and the right out into another set of speakers and there will be a couple ms of delay, just enough to give the effect of 2 guitars.
I believe for a reasonable price, the TC Electronics G Major can do it
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
whay about a chorus or delay pedal?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
boss super shifter.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Some interesting replies, do any of you own harmonizer pedals? I already have Chorus/ Delay on my multi effects pedal, not quite what I'm after. Are there any websites that preview these either with video or sound files? I suppose I could always ask to test in shop.
Have been told by a friend who owns the 'Digitech Whammy' the harmonizer on this isn't that great when mixed with distortion. Any recommendations on multi effects pedals that have the harmonizer feature?
like I said the TC Electronics G Major although thats a rack unit, but you can get an expression pedal for it...its a really cool thing way ahead of everything else IMO
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
I have a harmonizer on my GT-8, but I have not messed around it much. Was more of a good "oh thats cool" kind of thing when I found it. I've never touched one aside from the one on my GT-8 though, so I'm not sure if the regular harmonizers also let you adjust it by Major and Relative minor and also go by 2nd,3rd,4th,5th, unison, 2ocatve, ect. GT-8 is an awesome board, but If you want to know more about it there are a million reviews everywhere. Not sure if the line 6 stuff has that feature as well though, havent had a chance to mess with my friends.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
Quote by supermc
like I said the TC Electronics G Major although thats a rack unit, but you can get an expression pedal for it...its a really cool thing way ahead of everything else IMO

TC Electronics G Major is a pricey piece of equipment but the samples i heard were pretty decent.
Would have been good if they had included recording software and a drum machine with the GT 8. Still to check some samples.
There is an effect built into my amp that plays what I play as well as the same thing a third higher.
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
my multi-effects pedal can do chromatic 3rds. but maybe you could buy one that you could set the scale, and do diatonic 3rds.

www.google.com
^search yourself

or go ask at a music store.