OK, going on gak.co.uk which as far as I can see is where I would buy a new amp from (no other suggestions please I HAVE decided), however, the inevitable happened and I got confused and bemused and was left almost in tears looking at all the ampy goodness, so I thought I'd ask you guys to decide for me

So anyway, look at the following link and tell me which, if you had £150 budget and played classic rock to metal stuff and were a bedroom guitarist, amp would you buy?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php

OK that link is crap because the site wont let me copy my search options across, basically up to £150 is Guitar Amplifiers...
Last edited by Triggerishappy at Jul 11, 2006,
dont go for marshall as you will then probably get a MG ... wich is crap. Try out the vox it's a great amp, even for metal.
Quote by Pieter-Jan
dont go for marshall as you will then probably get a MG ... wich is crap. Try out the vox it's a great amp, even for metal.

+1
yeh ive had previosu threads all over the marshall mg microstack which i did have my heart set on but after some of teh comments and also comments by people i know who know their onions (?) i decided against it just want to see any other recommendations in the price range.
probably an ibanez valbee (haven't tried it), a roland cube 30 (only tried the microcube) or vox valvetronix (haven't tried).

hmm, that was a lot of help...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, go for a Vox. Valvetronix offcourse, AD30 is the best in your price range. I've got an AD50, and it is very good. Although it isn't the best amp at newer mutel, and can still do it well enough, and can do older metal very well.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi