I have an Epiphone Goth Flying V with a licenced Floyd in it. I am thinking about purchasing a used (probably early '90s) BC Rich Beast with an Original Floyd in it. If I were to do that, how could I switch the two? The Epiphone has the same routing as for an Original, I just need to know how to remove it. Thanks.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Don't know how to remove it but if you do can I have it?
o (o_o) o +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ o (o_o) o
o (o_o) o |M|A|N|Y| |M|O|N|K|E|Y|S| o (o_o) o
o (o_o) o +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ o (o_o) o
Well you take the strings off then you unscrew the plate off the back and unscrew the plate with the springs on it until u can take them off then it should come right out.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
try to loosen the strings before the springs then do the springs and keep it the same to make the floyd parallel. so you loosen the strings then you loosen the springs etc. untill you can take the springs off which by then you can take the whole trem off
A relatively easier way to remove the trem.
1) Stuff something in this compartment* You can safely stuff it with erasers, 9v batteries, cloth, wooden block, up to you. I'd personally use erasers.

2) Unscrew the tremolo claw, not to the point where it will come off, just only to ease your pain in removing the springs
3) Remove the springs
4) Untune your guitar all the way until the "stuffed" pieces fall
5) Install new trem

** For new trem, you can repeat steps above, in reverse.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
mad why wouldnt you use a wooden block it doesnt compress as much as the eraser and can with-hold the pressure of the strings
coz i hate runnin in and out tryin to find a decent piece of wood, whereas for erasers, its just on my desk i also sometimes use 9v battery. Plus with a wooden block (depends), you may accidentally bump it and scratch the finish, erasers cant harm a thing.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jul 12, 2006,
eh true and apparently erasers if flung hard enough can damage a persons eye its true my guitar teacher told me it happened at one of his old school and the school was sued
Quote by many_monkeys
Don't know how to remove it but if you do can I have it?

Trust me, you don't want it. It's a piece of ****, let me tell you. That's why I'm replacing it! It holds it's tuning worse than any non-locking trem I've tried. And yes, the thing was recently set-up. The bugger never comes back to the same spot, so the tuning is off after sometimes only one dive bomb.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6