im not sure of which one i want... im looking at the Seymour Duncan JB, Dimebucker, and the Invader... but i dont know what i want... i am also open to other pickups... but not so much EMG (yes i know how good they are... dont preach)... any suggestions? i play everything from Atreyu, My Chemical Romance, HIM, Metallica... basically everything.. and i want something versitile... help me out people!
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
thats what i was thinkin... one of my friends has one in a BC Rich Virgo and says that he doesnt like it too much cuz the pole pieces stick up to far... thats what kinda made me look at other pickups...

*the invader*
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
Duncan Custom would be better though. Fatter and more agressive sounding than the JB, not as muddy as the Invader.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
ive never heard the Custom... i dont even think that theres any around here...
Quote by die_kenny_die
www.gtrheaven.com

they sell all duncan models, and have really great customer service, also ships very fast. Very good people at gtrheaven.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
had my local tech put in a dimarzio tone zone in the bridge... actually i did it, but was having problems with my neck hotrails, so i brought it to her to diagnose the issue. when the job was done she called me and was rendered practically speechless. i don't have much to compare it to. i've got a strat-style with a floyd and had a regular double-coil (some kind of duncan) that was NOT f-spaced. so the G B E strings were out of alignment with the poles. as well, when i got the guitar back, i put in all new pre-amp tubes. but i swear, this thing thru my boogie 50 caliber is now like a stampeed of roid-raging rhinosori.

btw, she's now getting a TZ for each of her guitars.

the only thing i didn't like were the thread-like wires from the pickup and dimarzios wiring instructions... so entirely unimpressive.
DiMarzio Super Distortions
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
Super Distortion are definetly great and are my choice of pickup but for more modern stuff like he wanted it might not be the best choice for that modern emo crap probably another dimarzio or the invader as you said.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
i dont really play emo stuff... but yes... mostly modern... as far as Dimarzios... i was looking at the Evolution... any experience anybody?
Quote by die_kenny_die
You'll sound like Steve Vai. That's the way to describe them. Not really what you're looking for, I don't think.
Hi, I'm Peter
yea i kinda figured that.... i dont really care what brand of pickups... but im stongly leanin towards SD... cuz a lot of my friends use em in all of their guitars... and i dig the way they sound... im just trying to get input from people... i do know for a fact though that a SD '59 is goin in the neck... so maybe thatll slim some things down...
Quote by die_kenny_die
If you feel like dropping $120 on a pickup, the Paul Reed Smith HFS is badass.
Hi, I'm Peter
yea... PRS pickups kick ass... i know that the Invaders pretty bright... but i feel that PRS pickups are too bright... yea im a lead player... but i dont solo too much... i want somethin thats good for rhythm playing as well...
Quote by die_kenny_die
The HFS isn't really that bright, but I know what you mean. Well, isn't the '59 going to be used for rhythm? There's really not much you can do about brightness in the bridge position.
Hi, I'm Peter
yea i know what you mean... yea the 59s gonna be for rhythm... but i often play with my toggle taped so that it isnt moved... i either play in full or just the bridge... so im lookin for a good combo of pickups
Quote by die_kenny_die
Well, I wouldn't go JB. If you think the HFS is bright...heh. And Invaders/H2Ns are really bright, per se, they're just harsh. There is such a thing as trying to overdo it, and that's what DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan did with those.
Hi, I'm Peter
lol... true that my friend... those "extra few turns of wire, oversized ceramic magnets... etc." pulled quite a number on those pickups... at one point in time... i thought about dropping MASSIVE cash on pickups... (Gibson 59 Classic and a Burstbucker Pro II)
Quote by die_kenny_die
last year I spend $260 on a set of covered McCarty pickups for my PRS. Love them. Not as hard rock as what you're looking for, but an HFS and Dragon II would be an awesome, versatile combination.
Hi, I'm Peter
how much is that gonna cost me? and you have to order direct from PRS right?
Quote by die_kenny_die
I got them through my local PRS dealer. They ordered them for me from PRS and knocked like $15 off. Uncovered, they run $240 for a set, no covers, $260 for a covered set.

Edit: Wait...$240 for nickel covers, $260 for gold covers.
Hi, I'm Peter
well there isnt a PRS dealer around here... i live in a small town about 2 hours from Houston... and its like... the biggest guitar place around... ...and my current pickups are covered so id probably stick with that if i could... i know that most SDs arent... but oh well...
Quote by die_kenny_die
well thanks bud... i definately have a lot of choices now... lol
Quote by die_kenny_die