I'm sorry for making this thread, I'm sure it's been done many times, but what are some good ska bands like Streetlight Manifesto? I did read that "Official Ska Band List" thread but it didn't describe what the bands were like. I like Streetlight Manifesto and Less Than Jake, so what would be some good bands if I like those? Just tell me a band and some of their good songs. I heard and Operation Ivy song on a video on YouTube with a guy skanking. That was good, but I don't know the name. Please, no LTJ-bashing because I know they are not top-quality ska, but I really like them anyways.
Quote by FireHazard
okay. i inspected the cat, and it has a penis too. so it must be a guy. damn. my sister's gonna be mad when she gets back from camp seeing that she has a male cat...
get The Aquabats..... i like 98% of their songs. their one of those bands who sing about totally random and awesomely stupid things......go get "Pool Party" to start you off.

p.s. it will take some getting use to the awesomeness of the 'bats!!!
dont judge a guy by the guitar he plays, but how he plays it
Oh yeah, that song is already on my iPod. It really depends on the mood I'm in to listen to the Aquabats, though. Most of the time I will like them, but if I'm not in a really good mood, then "Pool Party" pisses me off.
Quote by FireHazard
okay. i inspected the cat, and it has a penis too. so it must be a guy. damn. my sister's gonna be mad when she gets back from camp seeing that she has a male cat...
Catch 22, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Reel Big Fish, Planet Smashers.

You can relate to those if you like Steetlight.
Nobody does Ska better than The Slackers.

Good Tracks:

Peculiar
Wasted Days
Married Girl
billions of others
REEL BIG FISH is the most awsome in my opinion and then if u wanna stray into the first wave ska get some prince buster then u get some of the specials and maybe a slight hint of mustard plug with a touch of the suburban legends and also

if u want some other good stuff get folly it is hardcore but their ska breakdowns are awsome
Please use the Search Button.
I have done this way too many times.

Hell, check the Streetlight Manifesto thread for suggestions.

Circle that A, motherfucker!
Quote by reeltimegetgo91
REEL BIG FISH is the most awsome in my opinion and then if u wanna stray into the first wave ska get some prince buster then u get some of the specials and maybe a slight hint of mustard plug with a touch of the suburban legends and also

if u want some other good stuff get folly it is hardcore but their ska breakdowns are awsome

Seconded. Also, check out Arrogant Sons of Bitches, Goldfinger's Hang-Ups album, Operation Ivy and RX Bandits.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
The Slackers
Operation Ivy
Sublime
Less than Jake
Reel Big Fish
Rancid
The Specails

are a few that I enjoy.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Aquabats - Super Rad!, Pizza Day!, Martian Girl!, and Fashion Zombies!
Big D And The Kids Table - You Lost, You're Crazy, Superbitch, and Scenester (this one has good lyrics)
Bouncing Souls (I know, not really ska...) - Ole!, Manthem
Buck-O-Nine - My Town
Catch 22 - Lamont's Lament, Intro/Point The Blame, and basically anything from the KN album
Jackmove (they're local, so I have no clue if it's possible to Limewire them...) - Break It Up, Str8 Up And Down, and Drunken Tiger
Less Than Jake (my collection's kind of small) - Plastic Cup Politics, Best Wishes To Your Black Lung, The Science Of Selling Yourself Short, She's Gonna Break Soon, Sleep It Off (both acoustic and regular), Gainesville Rock City, Liquor Store, Dopeman, 3 Quarts Drunk, All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, Automatic, (Growing Up or Smoking Pot... they changed the name depending on when it was released) On A Couch, and We're All Dudes
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get, and Detroit Rock City
Mustard Plug - Brain On Ska, Mendoza, Skank By Numbers, and We're Gunna Take On The World
The No Talent Show (another local band, they've since gotten ****tier after their album release) - Too Dumb To Be True, The Silver Star, Bring It, Invincible, and Simon Says
NOFX (another not really ska band...) - Seeing Double At The Triple Rock, Drugs Are Good, Kill All The White Men, Jaw Knee Music, The Idiot Son Of An Asshole (**** the message in it, Bush is actually doing a good job), Please Play This Song On The Radio, and Bottles To The Ground
Reel Big Fish - Cheer Up, What Are Friends For, Dateless Losers, Sayonara Senorita, Boss DJ, I'm Cool, Sell Out, 241, Beer, Skatanic, Trendy, and Say "Ten"
Streetlight Manifesto - all of their songs, it doesn't matter which
Sublime - Caress Me Down, Wrong Way, April 29, 1992 (Miami), Same In The End, Burritos, Date Rape, Rawhide, Smoke Two Joints, Santeria, What I Got (both original and reprise versions), Burritos, Badfish, Doin' Time, Hong Kong Phooey, Pawn Shop, and Tequilla
and
Voodoo Glow Skulls - DD Don't Like Ska, Steady As She Goes, and Used To Love Her

I hope that was what you were looking for, that was alot to type!
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
Reel Big Fish, Catch 22's old stuff(they now consist of Streetlight Manifesto), Aquabats, Mustard Plug, and Mad Caddies
When will I know that I really can't go
To the well once more - time to decide on.
Well it's kiliing me, when will I really see, all that I need to look inside.
Come to belive that I better not leave before I get my chance to ride,
RHCP
get these albums:

Buck-O-Nine...Twentyeight Teeth
The Aquabats...The Fury of the Aquabats
Big D and The Kids Table...Good Luck
Catch 22...Keasby Nights
Catch-It-Kebabs...Skankin Sausages(probably really hard to find)
Mustard Plug...Evildoers Beware
the Planet Smashers...(really any of them). Unstoppable, Life of the Party
Operation Ivy...Energy
Assorted Jelly Beans...Assorted Jelly Beans(title)