What's the difference between these? There's like a huge price difference but the only difference I have noticed is the wattage, and I don't know why you'd spend another 500 quid just for wattage. Also has anyone played/owned either of these? I'm thinking of buying one.

Thanks!
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
2001RB has 3 channels I beileve, Clean, Lo-Gain, & Hi-Gain. As well as about 400 more watts.
haha
er, you dont know why youd spend 500 more quid for just wattage? Are you aware of the difference between the 700 RB and the 1001? lol not sure what the difference is in quid though...

its the same tone, a few more features, and a lot more wattage.
The 800RB is the only one in the "RB" series that has a different sound. Atleast I think only the 800RB is different... their may be lower wattage ones and higher wattage ones with the same basic setup, but there's the 700RB setup and the 800RB setup, and all other GK heads are based on those 2 (except for that new tube pre-amp one they're coming out with that I really friggen want thats not out yet that they said should be out in June but then it got pushed to July and now its pushed to September I think.)
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
er, you dont know why youd spend 500 more quid for just wattage?

No, quite obviously I'm stupid.

In the UK the 1001RB costs £545, and the 2001RB costs £1055, so it's effectively double the price, but the wattage hasn't been doubled? So by that logic it shouldn't be purely a wattage upgrade... I think we're missing something.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
^ Did you read my post? It's wattage and two extra channels. The basic tone is the same, but if you're playing a huge gig and you're pushing 700 watts you'll get clipping, whereas if you're working 1000 watts calmly y ou'll just get loudness.

And watts aren't linear, 100 watts isn't twice as loud as 50 watts. The 2001RB-II is VERY loud.

Dan, the GK's can be split into two groups, the 700RB-II/1001RB-II and the 400RB/800RB. The 700/1001RB-II's have more wattage and a cleaner sound. The 400/800RB's have a grittier, warmer tone (Think Duff McKagen, Dave Ellefson, the dude from Nevermore).

And I can't wait for the Fusion 550/1050 at all either... last I heard it was only pushed to August... but I'm alright with however many pushbacks for two reasons...

A) GK won't settle for releasing a crap amp. They're making the best damn amp they can.
B) Gives me more time before I decide I simply "need the goddamn fusion... now where can I sell my blood?"
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Did you read my post? It's wattage and two extra channels. The basic tone is the same, but if you're playing a huge gig and you're pushing 700 watts you'll get clipping, whereas if you're working 1000 watts calmly y ou'll just get loudness.

Yeah but I didn't realise that two extra channels would make up the rest of the difference, but if that's the case, then thanks

I guess in my case there's not much point in buying a 2001RB over a 1001RB then.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Nick are you gigging and doing tours?

if not...seriously.. why are you buying such a powerful amp? Do you realise how loud that thing is? I play gigs every two weeks and a), they ALWAYS take a feed from my amp, so it's only for monitoring, and b) we usually kit share.

Save your money man, it wont be used dude ! When i am at home, i do not turn my 400RB passed the 1/4 mark otherwise it shakes my house..

Only buy it if you are going to use it..

Gear lust is a terrible thing!
Quote by Applehead
Nick are you gigging and doing tours?

if not...seriously.. why are you buying such a powerful amp? Do you realise how loud that thing is? I play gigs every two weeks and a), they ALWAYS take a feed from my amp, so it's only for monitoring, and b) we usually kit share.

Save your money man, it wont be used dude ! When i am at home, i do not turn my 400RB passed the 1/4 mark otherwise it shakes my house..

Only buy it if you are going to use it..

Gear lust is a terrible thing!

Yeah definitely... I have a few gigs coming up by the end of the summer with the band I've just joined, and much more actively through college. And I may be joining a friends band and they have a five gig tour coming up at the end of this summer, so really a stage rig will be necessary. Believe me, I'll be using it
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
^ Cool man.. A lot of people on here buy things to look cool on an internet forum, when i reality they have no use for such wattage. people dont realise how loud things are and now Watts and db SPL are worked out

Good luck with the band and gigs.. got any links?
Quote by Applehead
^ Cool man.. A lot of people on here buy things to look cool on an internet forum, when i reality they have no use for such wattage. people dont realise how loud things are and now Watts and db SPL are worked out

Good luck with the band and gigs.. got any links?

Nope not yet. Got a band session this Sunday and a 3 day session next week, within which we will hopefully also be getting a studio recording of just one track. Stay tuned!
Musicman Stingray 3EQ