Alright, i have been thinking about getting another guitar. But i want a guitar that is better than the rest of mine. I was looking into a Jackson SL2H. has anyone had any experience with this guitar? Should i buy that or a dinky? is the bolt-on/ ebony fretboard/binding all that much different or worth the extra grand?
EVH
play different types of guitars in your local shop and see which one feels comfortable
Quote by frontman54
maybe look at a schecter. ive always liked those.

yes. sheters are really nice. good tone good feel. neck is awesome. really light too. easy to play gigs with
i play metal/shred. I dont really like schecters, they are alright. but ive never seen one with a trem. I havent ever seen the SL2H at a shop, because its quite expensive.
EVH
2 Charvels a model 5 and 6 both neck thru I owned previously had thicker necks than thier bolt on counterparts, so Id want to play a neck thru soloist first, the Ibanez RG neck thru with mahogany bodies and original wizrd necks sound like your style.
I'm not much of a mahogany person, i prefer basswood and alder. being my 2 favorite guitars have basswood. Ive tried gibsons, and wasnt impressed, and it kind of left me thinking mahogany was a poor wood.
EVH
hmm. Thank you. I have an RG 570 which is bolton, do you think that it being neck thru would change it a whole lot, or would i be buying basically another RG? thats why i wanted the Soloist, cuz it was a different wood. different sound.
EVH
probably not a lot of difference since the neck is maple on the RG neck thrus but Id want to feel a soloist neck before ploping down that much change.
yeah i agree... i have thot about going custom, because i can get the same specs as the soloist (with the pickups i want) and i can get it for 1200. so i might just do that.
EVH
Carvins maybe?, the Californian quilt top, though Ive never played one myself my brother has a DC neck thru series with all the phase and tap mini toggles and says the action is the lowerst he's ever tied.
i didnt actually look into carvin, i was thinking about shamray. have you ever heard about them/played a guitar form them?
EVH
Quote by IbanezRG570
Alright, i have been thinking about getting another guitar. But i want a guitar that is better than the rest of mine. I was looking into a Jackson SL2H. has anyone had any experience with this guitar? Should i buy that or a dinky? is the bolt-on/ ebony fretboard/binding all that much different or worth the extra grand?

Why do you need a new guitar if you have a peavey wolfgang special. Those guitars are awesome.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
haha, i have this sickness. i like have random urges for new guitars. i will get the guitar in a long time. because i want to focus on effects right now, but im bipolar with guitar, i want a guitar horribly, or i dont at all.
EVH
id buy your wolfgang if it was for sale, what color is it though?
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
well im never selling it. no doubt about that, but its sunburst. I'll probably have a pic of my gear tomorrow.
EVH