Page 1 of 3
You might not know too many girls that play, but I think it would be cool if there was a famous female guitarist. Idk if that's why not too many play or what. I'd like to see some hot ladies shreddin it up out there.

Wat's u guyz's opinions on women playin guitar??

Personally I think it would be pretty sweet.
Last edited by schecter1971 at Jul 12, 2006,
bonnie raitt
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
the chic that played guitar for heart was VERY good, just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in
^^Nancy Wilson her sister Ann the brunette sang for Heart Ann played some acoustic rythym git
Last edited by CustomCustom at Jul 11, 2006,
Quote by CustomCustom
^^Nancy Wilson her sister Ann the brunette sang

They both play guitar. Bonnie Raitt is great as well. And of course Joni Mitchell and if I'm not mistaken a girl plays rhythm for Jeff Beck.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
The Great Kat is a chick guitarist and yeah Alexi Laiho looks like a chick
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
i know a few hott girls who kick ass at the guitar . they are out there but just not as common as the 15yr old skater kid playing guitar.
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
No there are no girlz that play, but there are a few girls that have been mentioned.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
^I had to read that 3 times to understand. lol
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I first thought of that grillz song.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
i heard jenny was pretty good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i heard jenny was pretty good.

lol Yeah me to
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I also heard Jenny was a sex-frenzied robocop. If I'm not mistaken.

The Great Kat can play fast but her tone sucks tranny balls.
Last edited by SuperAnalytical at Jul 11, 2006,
haha, yeah im fine. dont worry.
im just not into corrupting minors
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Avril Lavigne(sp?) she plays guitar dont know if its very techniqle(sp?) but she does play.
Quote by schecter1971
You might not know too many girls that play, but I think it would be cool if there was a famous female guitarist. Idk if that's why not too many play or what. I'd like to see some hot ladies shreddin it up out there. Walk over to one of em' and be like "hey i think ur g-string is too high" (lol).

That was honestly one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. What a stereotypical guy.
Quote by schecter1971
You might not know too many girls that play, but I think it would be cool if there was a famous female guitarist. Idk if that's why not too many play or what. I'd like to see some hot ladies shreddin it up out there. Walk over to one of em' and be like "hey i think ur g-string is too high" (lol).

you made this thread just so u coudl use that pick up line huh?
Quote by schecter1971

My bassist broke my g-string and I haven't gotten around to buying a new one yet . Other than that off topic comment all I have to say is, you fail.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
women will never achieve the recognition of men in the field of guitar, not from lack of technical skill, but of extreme sexism and sterotypes of the female sex in general (as exemplified by the g-string comment)...Pat Benatar was a decent guitarist back in her day, and trust me, i've seen videos of female classical guitarists who shred better than any men i know of -with the exception of Paco De Lucia and assorted flamenco and classical guitarists
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
my girlfriend plays guitar. not like a shredder or anything but like pop punk and stuff
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley is really good. Plus she's hot.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
Quote by schecter1971

would be pretty sweet?

there are a ton of female guitarists, famous and unfamous, and at least 1/4 of the members on this site are girls.
theres this chick that lives in a popular town pretty close to mine that entered a competition and shredded out all the guys there. it was cool.
theres this chick band called the Donnas and they have some pretty sick solos.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Quote by JuSt BlaYzZz
courtney love

Who?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
With that last comment, your probobaly the sole reason not many women play guitar.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Page 1 of 3