Alright this weekend i am going to my local music store to get an amp okay. I am going to bring in my Bandit 112(see link in sig) and see if they will credit it for a new amp. I am also going to bring around $700 to add to the amp i will buy. Now with that said i am looking for an all tube amp under 40watts which can handle distortion(w/ a pedal ofcourse, does not have to have an amazing distortion/overdrive channel) and have good cleans. I would like to stay under me spending $700(in ex. like $500 of my money combined with the credit i am going to get for my Bandit 112 when i trade it in for an amp). One more question what are good pedals like overdrive/distortion and a delay pedals? How much do you think they will give mefor my Peavey Bandit 112?

And so this is guitar related i am hopefully going to be buying an Ibanez rg1527 in about two weeks and i would like to know some good seven string pickups.

Thanks alot for your time and intrest in helping me choose a good amp,
Enjoi

EDIT: Here are the brands they sell
Fender
Peavey
Marshall
Hartke
Yorkville
Roland

I might be able to get them to special order.
Last edited by enjoi91 at Jul 11, 2006,
what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
id get a vox ac30 for like 599.99 then get a really good distortion.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
srry i tried to include everything at once and forgot about what i like to play. I play anything from metal to classic rock. I should be buying an ibanez rg1527 in a couple of weeks, but for now i have a Epiphone elitist sg. just so you know what im playing.
I think Peavey's are great metal/rock amps. You can get a XXX combo for $800, or a 6505 combo for $1200. The 6505 is going to be out of you range unless you could get it used, but it has a darker sound than the xxx which is suppose to be brighter. Both of these are tube amps btw.

the only tube marshalls that would be in your range are used, but you can look for a used dsl401 that usually sell for $600 at stores.

the peavey would probably do metal better, but the marshall would do classic rock better and you could get a distortion/overdrive pedal.

I don't anything about the other brands, but a fender deluxe is in you range but that's more for blues, jazz, cleans.

Anyways, try a bunch out for yourself and go for a tube amp. You best choice would be to get a used tube amp but if you have to buy from the store, then they might not have them.
^yeah, just to add, maybe also check out traynor 50 blue tube combo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i would like to buy from this store because guitar center is awhile away, so it would be easier to get here and i think they would give me more money for the my current amp, to trade in.

Does anyone know how much you guess they will give me for my current amp?I am hoping to at least get a $200 trade in, towards my other amp and if they do give me $200 for it then i could probably pick up the 40watt XXX.

Does the XXX have good cleans?
Last edited by enjoi91 at Jul 11, 2006,
most shops give u 1/2 the original price - additional 10-20%.

so a $100 amp would fetch about $40-45.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

okay the amp was 380 new so around $200? Does it matter on the condition, because there is not a scratch on it.
the condition doesnt really matter because they will try to find some reason to "low ball " you anyway.

ur lucky if u get just under 200, maybe more like 180.
but my equation is based on my experience with guitar center. perhaps ur local shop will do better by u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

if there prices are the same as musiciansfriend i should be able to pick up the XXX, if they give me over $150 for my amp. What are the pros and cons on the XXX i am really interested in this perticular amp right now.
I just checked w/ them and they dont have the 40w version but they said they could order it for me. I am also going to trade in my saxophone, the last time i was there the band guy said that my saxophone is worth $900 so im going to see if i could do a straight up trade for the amp.
(sorry for the double post)
I think you should check out the fender hot rod deluxe. It has beautiful cleans. Is loud enough to play a gig. Most importantly though it takes to pedals really really well. So if you feel like getting the metal tone you can get it and also the rock tone. I have one and i love it.
Since no one has answered the 7 string pickup question, I find the 7-string version of the Dimarzio Evolutions to be a good choice.
cool, i will be looking around on friday at there store to see if i should just special order the peavey or get something new or used that they have in my price range.

okay so the 7-string evo's are good, would they be different for a basswood guitar since the one im looking at now is made of basswood.
how much did they offer you for the peavey?

Around here you'd be very lucky to get 1/4 price. Such a damn ripoff. They give you like 1/3 of what they would resell it for.

Again, if they have used tube amps check out those since they will be cheaper and so you could get better ones.
Last edited by The 1 at Jul 12, 2006,
no i forgot to ask, i will be in on friday so they should be able to tell me then. I am also bringing in my saxophone that the band guy said is $900 so hopefully thats how much ill get from it.

I did ask about there used tube amps the XXX one was 100 watts and thats way to loud, he said its $750.
if it's worth $900 than that's how much they would sell it for. And they want to make money so they'd probably rip you off and give you much less.
yeah they will probably try to rip me off, but the last time i was there it was i think around March, Feburary around that time and i asked to see if i could trade it and he said he already had a warehouse full of them so i dont know if they will take it. I shouldn't need to use my sax to pay for the it but im going to take it incase i find something i like and its a little bit more.
For the Fender Hot Rod what would be a good distortion or overdrive pedal. Just want to know in case they won't take my sax, because then the Fender will probably be the one i get.
a tubescreamer would be a good overdrive, but i don't think it'd be enough for metal but you should try on on your amp and if you get a od you should use it over the amp's gain for more gain.

For distortionn i'm really not sure what would suit you, but maybe a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde. Never tried one but it seems nice. I had a Boss MT2 metal zone for a day and i didn't like it and ended up returning it. This would probably get recommended for metal but i thought It sounded like crap on clean and only ok with my amp's distortion and it feedbacked like a muther****er. I would not recommend it but some people have and said that it's great if you can set it up right. Just don't be fooled by the name.
alright thinks for your advise on everything. Tomorrow i should be buying an amp hopefully a used peavey xxx or a fender hot rod and some pedals. I dont only play metal so thats why i kind of wanted to get a good amp w/ cleans and can handle distortion.