my friend bought a new drum set and is about to attempt to play tomorrow, i was wondering what songs would be good for him to work on the basic skills? it's got no cymbals yet, btw, if that helps describing it. i didn't think of another forum to put this in, so...yeah
G-G-G D-E-C C chord
try like a stone by audioslave. cymbals are needed but it seems pretty easy.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
californication and a part of for whom the bell tolls from metallica, never cheked the whole song
not only for whome the bell tolls but if you look at lars and his drumming 3 quarters of there songs are not hard at all
yeah back in black and TNT are both really easy
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
try to play "long view" by green day.

its a catchy beat, thats still easy to play.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
Quote by cerveza
AC/DC's always easy

i was gonna say that. i dont drum much at all, but even i can pull of an AC/DC song. it's easy enough that you could tackle almost every song, but some songs throw in a few challenges to help move your technique along...for example, take the postverse part in Back in Black where it kinda "stutters".
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Just do any song. He doesn't have to do any complicated stuff, you could do a hard drumming song, but just have him keep time the whole time with some simple fills here and there.