Hey i was thinking of buying a new neck in the future to try for a different feel. Can someone please explain which brands are better and what type of woods are better and how they are identified?

Thanks in advance.

This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
better brands? wtf.

how to identify different woods??? hell, consult a website or sumin. unless theres some sort of know-it-all guitar genius on this site.

actually, bein UG, there probably is one haha
on what guitar? also you could get necks from warmoth as long as everything fits in and scale is still correct. and their are no better woods than other woods
Ibanez, generally, has probably some of the most thinnest, flattest necks on the market (RG, JEM, S series). ESP and Jackson have great necks too. Only problem with their bolt-ons are the neck heels are like normal strats instead of AANJ like Ibanez.

Maple is bright, Mahogany is warm and Koa (to me) seems brighter then Maple. Those are pretty much the most common woods for necks.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
im lookin at graphite necks..but lots of people hate them, i like em though.
Go get your shovel.
Warmoth.com

Warmoth makes the best necks ever trust me. They have all kinds of exotic woods for you to choose from and stuff.
Quote by steamin'
better brands? wtf.

how to identify different woods??? hell, consult a website or sumin. unless theres some sort of know-it-all guitar genius on this site.

actually, bein UG, there probably is one haha

Dude whats your deal?

Im getting a new neck like a new pickup. Which brands make good neck.
There must be better companies than others just like anything else, so dont go around saying wtf like your some guitar genius.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Quote by skateguitar7654
Dude whats your deal?

Im getting a new neck like a new pickup. Which brands make good neck.
There must be better companies than others just like anything else, so dont go around saying wtf like your some guitar genius.

like i said what guitar will the new neck be going on