i want to get one a Epiphone Valve Junior Tube Amplifier Head and i want to build a cab for it. Is it really as easy as i think it is just soldering a single speaker an input jack. And what celstion speaker, if any, will work with it?
my blog gameruber.blogspot.com
Member #6 of ''Beatlemania is NOT Phony''
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
oh brilliant..ive learnt something new thanks man!
you have to keeep in my mind the types of woods determine some of the sound of a cab.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Ok what kind of wood should i use.
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
Vintage 30 Celestian.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Thanks^
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
i built (well, re-appropriated) 2, large stereo speakers into 2, single-speaker guitar cabs. i just popped out the bass speaker (12 inch) and dropped in a celestion standard 70 in each.

i really don't think there's all that much to it. i ran my old GK 250ml thru them, and i was perfectly happy... so hit up some local yard sales/pawn shops/junk stores for those big old stereo speakers.
Dang that is a good idea sethp why didn't i think of that Cartersvill is full of pawn shops
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
Quote by FunFuBarMan
Dang that is a good idea sethp why didn't i think of that Cartersvill is full of pawn shops

ummm, are you being fasicious? or did i really have a good idea for you? well, good luck anyways
not to be a jerk, but there is a really good cab building tutorial on this forum. Just type "building cab" into the search thing at the top of the page on the right hand side underwhere it says your user name.
Quote by sethp
ummm, are you being fasicious? or did i really have a good idea for you? well, good luck anyways

No it was really good idea.
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
Quote by chunkybrotha

yeah, I realized that after posting. I can understand new threads about an old topic if it's a topic that you wouldn't expect to be posted about, but for crying out loud.....i had questions myself about cabs, mainly repairing them, so I searched, and looked at the stickies to see if any of them were about cabs at all. And I'm a freaking newbie! (atleast to this forum, I'm very old school on some others, just not all guitar ones )

anyways, to the poster of this thread, good luck! If you plan on getting another cab in the future, look at it's dimensions and build something that will stack well on top or on bottom of your future purchase! Also, locking wheels!