ok lets say i wanna be able to use a pentatonic scale for a progression.

i would typically just use the scale for that key. i would on that scale find the notes for the different chords i was using in the progression, and land on them when i switched to those notes, etc. well since each chord has three different notes i can land on, the root, third and fifth, i can land on either of them, even if the root note is not in the scale. so my question is, will there ever be a chord progression where the pentatonic scale, without going out of it even slightly, will not have any of the three notes for a chord that is in the progression?
if i'm understanding your question correctly, then i'm assuming that you're asking if a (ex.) C major pentatonic scale will ever not contain the notes of a C chord...the answer is no, unless you add some serious modifications...i'm not sure i fully understood your question
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
you almost have my question. im not asking if a c pentatonic scale will ever not contain the notes of a c chord. im asking if there is any pentatonic scale, that will not have even one of the notes of any chord. like could a g pentatonic scale ever like not have any notes of the a chord. but thats just an example.
oh of course not, you can take any group of random notes you can think of and it'll be a chord...may sound like s**t, but still a chord...and that would be impossible because a G major pentatonic (G, A, B, D, E) already contains the notes of a G major chord, as well as Asus2, etc...
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.