First of all, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but my birthdays coming up and ive alwasy wanted pedals to add to my amp. Could you suggest a few good pedals that are almost a neccesity for all guitarists or a multi effects unit? If you could also post prices that would be much appreciated, and for the record, I've got a gibson les paul and fender deville 212 (dont know if you need this).

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
wah pedal, distortion pedal if needed, mm i like phasers but thats just me yeah all i have is dist. chorus phaser and wah delays are kool though u can get some decent effects for like around 30-50 dollars
If your running through a tube amp, don't get a distortion pedal. You want an overdrive pedal for it. Anyway, Im not too sure, because we dont know what kind of music you play. If you were just getting basics, I would probably say to get a Tube Scremer, and a Wah pedal of some kind...
delay, wah, distortion, phase shifter
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
A chorus pedal.
I've found that it really fills out both distortion and cleans.
But make sure it's a versatile pedal, meaning you can really control how much chorus you use, because too much with distortion (which isn't a lot) makes it sound bad.
Spiral Out
first of all, damn nice guitar and amp second of all, in my experience, with that amp, and i have used it extensively, that you might want to get the following ( for and extremly kickass setup) first in line a Crybaby classic wah, then any distortion pedal ( try em and see what you like ) then a volume pedal, then any chorus/flange etc you want, then a dd6 delay. Lastly add a cs-3 comp. either at end of chain or in effects loop and BAM HOLY **** nice sounds. add a noise gate if this is too loud. I'm not really telling you pedals in specific, but what you should go for maybe one or 2 of these.
wow thanks for the quick responses guys, as for music, i play everything from classic rock to blues and and jazz and occasionally touch into metal

Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Quote by thetoastinator
If your running through a tube amp, don't get a distortion pedal. You want an overdrive pedal for it. Anyway, Im not too sure, because we dont know what kind of music you play. If you were just getting basics, I would probably say to get a Tube Scremer, and a Wah pedal of some kind...

Why?? i have a tube amp.. I personally don't like overdrive.. Convince me otherwise for a overdrive pedal.. I've never heard it through a pedal only a ****ty ass amp like 12 watts.. But my main amp is a T30R Tube Guitar Research Amp.. 40 Watts.. I have a Zoom505II Which has lots of different distortion effects.. So why should i get an overdrive Pedal?? I am trying to get a vox wah wah pedal and a good distortion pedal.. Should I get an overdrive pedal instead... Pleaes tell me why?
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
ya I would either get a Boss BD-2 or an Ibanez tubescreamer, the TS808 would probably work best for your music tastes and with your amp.

edit: added a link for the bd-2
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Jul 11, 2006,
Quote by Hammett5
Why?? i have a tube amp.. I personally don't like overdrive.. Convince me otherwise for a overdrive pedal.. I've never heard it through a pedal only a ****ty ass amp like 12 watts.. But my main amp is a T30R Tube Guitar Research Amp.. 40 Watts.. I have a Zoom505II Which has lots of different distortion effects.. So why should i get an overdrive Pedal?? I am trying to get a vox wah wah pedal and a good distortion pedal.. Should I get an overdrive pedal instead... Pleaes tell me why?

man, the threadstarter plays completely different music, with blues and classic rock you definitely want a more creamy sound that you can only get with overdrive.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
jesus christ. With gear that good, why are you asking us what pedals to get? How long have you been playing?

I thought anyone with that good of gear would have enough sense to go to a store and try out some pedals...
imjust trying to get a general direction to head in

Boss Blues Driver (BD-2) if you got a tube amp. that only overdrive.

But I THINK a standard pedal should have a Wah, delay, Chorus, And a noise gate if you play gigs or loud with lots of excess noise.

So a Boss Blues Driver-2 (for tube amp) Wah, Delay, Chorus and Noise gate
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Vox Wah, Boss Blues Driver, and ISP Noisegate.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.