Ok heres the deal, I want a new guitar of course.
I cannot afford it though, and I cannot work. (Taking care of a sick mom)

Don't let the name fool you, the Squier sounds good, especially running through my Vox.
I want a LP sound though...
Should I just mod the Squier by replacing the bridge pickup to a humbucker, and replacing the neck? or totally get a new Epi?

For the bands/artists I play/listen too, go to my profile.
personally id mod the strat, but thats mainly because i love screwing with electronics

but the epi would be quite a nice upgrade, how much money do you have to throw around?
Quote by purple_hazer
personally id mod the strat, but thats mainly because i love screwing with electronics

but the epi would be quite a nice upgrade, how much money do you have to throw around?

Not much at all, probally $150-$200 at the max.
gfuitar center has some used guitars like i found an epi lp for 111 bucks used and there was nothing wrong with it the pic-ups were ok but it looked really nice not a scratch on it
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
I think if you want a Les Paul tone, go for a Les Paul. If you are happy with the Squier I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Epiphone, and it will save you time and aggravation then if you were to to cut the pickguard and replace pickups, especially if you don't have much experience soldering or doing pickup swaps.
depends on what you want man, if you can get a decent epi for the money, go for it, but if not, mod the strat

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
what kind of music do you play? and what sort of hummer would you be putting in? and
www.purevolume.com/chops
GEAR:
Fender Custom Tele-
Invader (B)
ESP/LTD EC-400-
EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N)
DigiTech RP-200
Zakk Wylde OD
Boss Bf-2
MXR Phase 90
Crate Blue Voodoo 120 Half Stack
Quote by feenux258

those all are pretty bad and wont sound like LPs, for that much money, save up for $300 and get an Epi SG like this because no matter what Epi LP you get, besides an elitist, will be mahogany/alder bodied and wont sound like an LP or will be mahogany which is what an SG is, and the G-310 is made of plywood so thats the cheapest good SG, of course Epi LPs have maple veneer tops but they dont affect tone at all so i dont count them

adding a bridge humbucker wont give you LP tone as its still alder and will be bright
very, in fact, its completely obviously fake, "this item will bring your family good luck"

yer mang, no
Quote by Teleprompters
those all are pretty bad and wont sound like LPs, for that much money, save up for $300 and get an Epi SG like this because no matter what Epi LP you get, besides an elitist, will be mahogany/alder bodied and wont sound like an LP or will be mahogany which is what an SG is, and the G-310 is made of plywood so thats the cheapest good SG, of course Epi LPs have maple veneer tops but they dont affect tone at all so i dont count them

adding a bridge humbucker wont give you LP tone as its still alder and will be bright

I could get an Agile for that price though.
This thing is I have no money myself. I can only scrounge up enough to mod at the most.

Quote by purple_hazer
very, in fact, its completely obviously fake, "this item will bring your family good luck"

yer mang, no

heh I know.
Quote by AdayTripper

so many things off on that guitar, the body shape, truss rod cover, pickup selector switch plate, knobs, price, and countless other things

agiles arent as good as their specs, not great build and ive heard they use veneers by people
Well if it isn't worth modding it like some people say, and I can't afford anything over $250 then what?
Look around for deals?
go with a $200 agile like the al-2000 series
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
go to ur local guitar store and explain ur situation and tell them what u want im sur eu can find something

Quote by thebrewfan
Quote by feenux258
go to ur local guitar store and explain ur situation and tell them what u want im sur eu can find something

They are all assholes, everytime I ask for a deal they say "Price is on the card."