cause they sound great!!!
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
for its sound, its way different than a regular guitar, quite beautiful i might add

my personal word for it is schmilky
i just got a 12 string last friday...i love it so much. i actually just plain enjoy playing it more than a normal acoustic
12-strings make me cream myself and cry at the same time. they are the most beautiful sounding guitars you will ever hear
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
yea, just practice. its really not that hard. i play simple pentatonic solo's on them and they are awesome
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Quote by N@TE!
but is it even worth gettting, can u really pick? (as in picking with the plastic thing not choosign the guitar)

Seeing as you'd probably use a 12-String more for chord strumming, yes you can use a pick.
Spiral Out
i find it really easy to pick individual strings (well sets of strings i should stay, but i am working on actual indivual ones) and i havent even owned one for an entire week
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Seeing as you'd probably use a 12-String more for chord strumming, yes you can use a pick.

yup, never played one... ill try it.
Quote by purple_hazer
4 string, thats probly one of the funniest moments on futurama

thank you

but some might not like the feel of doubled strings, like myself.
What I don't get is how the strings are differnt. E-A-D-G-B-e...and what else? Are the extra strings a different gauge somewhere between the 6 on a 6-string? Do you see waht I am asking?

Just for those of you who don't know most twelve strings have a second string next to a regular string, in sets of 2, with just enough distance between the two so they can still ring, tuned to the same note as the normal string, only an octave higher or lower depending on customization. You can also tune both strings to the same tune to give them a chorus effect. Picking individual strings is hard, but not impossible. To the threadstarter a dumbass hick friend of mine answered the question by saying "Dey sound purty."
Quote by ilikesteak
Just for those of you who don't know most twelve strings have a second string next to a regular string, in sets of 2, with just enough distance between the two so they can still ring, tuned to the same note as the normal string, only an octave higher or lower depending on customization. You can also tune both strings to the same tune to give them a chorus effect. Picking individual strings is hard, but not impossible. To the threadstarter a dumbass hick friend of mine answered the question by saying "Dey sound purty."

Good enough. Thanks.
yer, E, A, D and G strings, the little string is an ocave higher, and for the b and e, the doubled strings are the same.

12 strings sound sooooooo good when tuned to dadgad (i think thats open d, but i forget)