k so you guys all know you never have enough guitars right? well i think it would be cool to have an sg and i heard that vintage guitars are good. so my question is........ is this one any good? i mean i kinda believe that you get what you pay for but im only really looking for whether or not it really is made of solid mahagony and whether the tuners and bridge are good. i know the pickups wont be good but i have a modeling amp so that doesnt really matter right now until i get a tube amp.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Last edited by red star at Jul 11, 2006,
probably not solid mahagony, maybe a mahagony body mixed with alder. it seems like they're just calling it a 'vintage' guitar because of it's smaller pickguard. personally, i don't like it. but if that's what you're into, who should stop you?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
i just got a VINTAGE epi g-400 today, you should look into it. the wood looks pretty vintage, pickguard does, the inlays really do, its amazing.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Thats not a real VINTAGE guitar.
Its a vintage style guitar.
A vintage guitar to me is something more then ten years old.
Vintage is either a description or a company that makes that guitar.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
^nah the vintage is the name of the company. i know its not like a vintage 1960s sg or anything like that. and yeah your probably right about the body. anybody who actually owned the guitar?
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Zach F, were u taklin about my guitar or this othe kids
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
^ well its doesnt really matter because neither are vintage instruments. both of them are made in 2006 probably so their both brand spanking new. epiphone used the term vintage in describing what the instrument looks like and the guitar i posted, the term vintage is used because its the name of the company.

anywho. anyone actually have any experience with the vintage guitar company? are they good instruments for the price?
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
come on i thought there was at least a couple guys on here who have experience with vintage insteuments. ( i mean the company vintage not like a 50s strat)
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
they ****ing suck balls. i had that guitar and it was the worst sounding and playing guitar ive ever had
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
They haven't got a great reputation, but then again they are quite cheap guitars. I heard the newer models have wilkinson hardware which is good so maybe they're better now.
ive got one, they'd be ok for an absolute beginner but they really aren't very good guitars, the build quality isnt great, the materials feel cheap, the tuners are fairly stable and the pickups sound decent but again nothing special, stick with your strat as this really wont touch it, save up a little and get an epi G-400 if you want an sg
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Jul 12, 2006,
If you're looking for a vintage instrument you need to get something from at least as old as the '70s. That guitar is just for looks.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I think he means Vintage as in the guitars. Vintage make low end electric copies and acoustics. Most of there guitars usually sell for around £100-£180. They may be low end but iv played a Vintage acoustic and they are absolutly fantastic for what they're worth, id say they're the best budget acoustics a musican can get.
Last edited by JerrySeinfeld at Jul 12, 2006,
Quote by Pete Griffin
They haven't got a great reputation, but then again they are quite cheap guitars. I heard the newer models have wilkinson hardware which is good so maybe they're better now.

Yeah.. My Vintage Reaper has wilkinson hardware, and it kicks ass. Perfect (IMO) for metal.. quite good on clean aswell.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
I think he means Vintage as in the guitars. Vintage make low end electric copies and acoustics. Most of there guitars usually sell for around £100-£180. They may be low end but iv played a Vintage acoustic and they are absolutly fantastic for what they're worth, id say they're the best budget acoustics a musican can get.

ive got one of the vintage acoustics, they do indeed kick ass
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I've played a few "Vintage" guitars, they're really nice for starter/intermediate guitars, try one or 2 out, see what you think of them.

And they've got good hardware on them.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
wow thnaks guys for the replys. the thing is im in the US so i dont think ill be able to try one out. someone just posted a link to the site and i was browsing it for a while. i think ill just give this one a miss
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
REAL VINTAGE is 25 years old.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
^We're not talking about that...

And I don't think there's a certain amount of time for a guitar to be vintage, anything over 25/30 years roughly. But I would still never say that anything from the 80's is "vintage"
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^ agreed, plus it varies with the wood, Mohogany may take 25 years but Spruce may only take 10 because its the best wood at ageing.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
i just got a VINTAGE epi g-400 today, you should look into it. the wood looks pretty vintage, pickguard does, the inlays really do, its amazing.

about your g-400, im thinking about that guitar too. but my problem is i dont know if i should get the vintage one or the gloss paint finish. its 100 buks more but my mom is buying it for me because of my grades, but then again i would like to be nice a save 100 buks for something i dont need. so what im asking is does your nitage look nice or should i pay 100 buks for the gloss
Quote by red star
wow thnaks guys for the replys. the thing is im in the US so i dont think ill be able to try one out. someone just posted a link to the site and i was browsing it for a while. i think ill just give this one a miss

if you do some searching, you could probly find a vintage (as in age, not the company ) SG for pretty cheap from some old guy/woman who used to play guitar back in the day and has kept it up in the attic in its case for 30 or 40 years

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.