I bought an amp actually my second one a peavey bandit 112 transtube series sounds pretty cool but everytime I switch my channel from clean to the lead one... this very loud humming sound comes from my amp and i can barely hear the guitar cuz the noise is louder than my guitar ..can anyone tell me what this is
EC-50 /emg 85 on neck
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer Overdrive
Peavey Bandit 112
i have a peavey studio pro 112 transtube series. tell me your setup for your lead channel
nooo LoL cuz. I cant even use the lead channel cuz the humming is very loud no matter what the settings are : ( : (
EC-50 /emg 85 on neck
Peavey Bandit 112
no matter what the settings are??? hmmm. Maybe your cord isn't plugged in all the way or maybe there are some wires that arn't connected right. Even if i turned up everything on my amp, it wouldn't make that humming noise.
It could be problem with wires like u said cuz nothing else comes to my mind
EC-50 /emg 85 on neck
Peavey Bandit 112
actually, i just thought of something. On the bottom of your amp in the back, there should be a metal case thing screwed down. Thats where your reverb coils are (reverb pan). There might be a coil or a connection broken in there. Because i know one time i was messing with my reverb pan and after i did it had some bad noise coming from my amp.
ya, maybe the reverb, i always have mine off and i almost always use the clean channel for my GT-6 but ive never experienced this either, its either the reverb or some wire is off or something, does it do this if you start up the amp with the lead channel on?
its probly just the lead channel's main wire to the amp input (where you plug in your guitar)
I have 3 guesses based on the symptoms.

1. You have a bad lead or bad grounding in your guitar.

2. the AC socket you have the amp plugged into isn't grounded or you're using an ungrounded extension cord to power the amp.

3. you need to set the amp ground polarity. There's a switch to select between neutral, positive, and negative on the back of the amp.

If none of those are the options, then you may have a faulty amp. Take it back where you bought it and get it looked at.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Teleprompters
ya, maybe the reverb, i always have mine off and i almost always use the clean channel for my GT-6 but ive never experienced this either, its either the reverb or some wire is off or something, does it do this if you start up the amp with the lead channel on?

yup everytime its on the lead channel
EC-50 /emg 85 on neck
Peavey Bandit 112
just take it back and switch it out for the same amp. If you bought it from any actual guitar store, they won't have a problem swaping your amp out.
the bandit is naturally a noisy amp, ive got one and it emits a fair bit of earth hum. Stand further away from your amp, and possibly buy a better quality lead. Also, look at a ISP Decimator, it may kill some of the noise at least. It also may not be the amp. You should unplug everything from your setup, and then slowly add in you your setup pedal by pedal. Something else maybe cxontributing to the noise. Im talking from experience, i had the same problem, and i fixed it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I had a Bandit for 6 years and had no noise issues with it that weren't caused by either a bad cable or bad grounding.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
yes but in my practice environment i am forced to stand fairly close to my amp, and i also have a large pedalboard. But all in all, i do have a bit of noise from the lead channel of my bandit without pedals and standing at a good distance but not much, nothing a decimator wont fix when i get it!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
as mentioned, try adjusting the polarity with the polarity switch in the back. Also check the connections in you reverb pan, make sure they are clean and in the correct inputs.
my bro got the same problem on his bandit 112, where exactly are the polarity switch? cant find any..
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard