I know this may sound strange but i think my house may be black hole for my guitar. I play a used washburn x10 through a used Kustom KGA10 10 watt amp. It was playing fine for a while until no sound came out of the amp when I played my guitar. I bought a new patch chord, checked if was on, if it was plugged, turned the volume all the way up, all the stupid mistakes i think i could have done, but still no luck. I brought it to 2 guitar stores and told them my problem. When they tested it out it worked perfectly and I looked like a complete jackass. But when I brought back to my house sound still refused to come out.

I don't know what the problem is and its pissing me off. I thought it was interference from surrounding electric fields but i tried every outlet in the house and no luck.

I was hoping someone could tell if they went through a similar problem and/or got it fixed.
Its probably the cable or amp.

What did you bring into the shop?
I bought a new patch cord from and brought my amp, my guitar, and my old cord. All those items worked at the two shops
yes, and they used different settings too.
The only theory i have is that there is probably some sort of outside electronic interference. I was wondering if anyone could back that because that might it explain it.
Go to a friend's house and try it.

It's probably a ghost. Eat cookies, lots of cookies, I understand ghosts don't like that.

Seriously though, that's the weirdest thing I've ever come across.
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Eat cookies. Check all the cables.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
i have checked all the cables, i've tried every socket in the house. perhaps i should get new pickups maybe? This brand might be susceptible to interference from around my area
did you have anything on at the time you were playing? did a fuse blow when you were playing? was their a power surge when you were playing?
there's a power outage before this happened, but the light still works and i tried it at my friends house and at the two music shops and all my equipment worked perfectly.
thats pretty messed up, try different guitars in your house, or different amps but still using all the same other stuff, maybe its the combination of that guitar and that amp in your house and some interference idkk ****s crazy
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Is your guitar's volume on 10??

1. Turn up all the knobs on your guitar.
2. Try different guitars with the amp.
3. Try different cables.
4. Check for faulty connections in your guitar (cold solder joints, broken solder joints etc.)

My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
I have done all the things you listed above. I have even taken apart my guitar, but still no luck. I starting to think that there is something interfering with the sound in my house. Could it be my wireless internet router? I do play it near my laptop with a wireless internet card.
Quote by axn_man
I have done all the things you listed above. I have even taken apart my guitar, but still no luck. I starting to think that there is something interfering with the sound in my house. Could it be my wireless internet router? I do play it near my laptop with a wireless internet card.

Unless you are using a wireless system for your guitar, it's very doubtful that it's your wireless internet, and even if you did are using a wireless transmitter for guitar it still would not cause interference from that, they are completely different frequencies. That being said, your problem really doesn't seem to any sort of visible fix to it. Good luck finding one.
Get a new amp?
My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Try it in the room farthest from your computer and stuff. Try your neighbors house or something.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
i have tried every single one in my house but it does not work. Maybe i should get a new amp. Can anyone recommend an amp similar to mine. I love this amp because its so small and has great produce many tones and can be get pretty loud.
I have somethign like that too, I leave my guitar plugged in with my amp on. My guitar's volume is at nothing, this happened a few times. I left my guitar and some weird alien noises came out. I thought it was some feedback or dust, but I checked my guitar and teh volume was off. It was so freaky. Hope it dosn't happen again.
well, i would have to say its the electrical sockets. try plugging different things into the sockets.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
all the appliances i tried work with that socket, even the light on the amp lights up. Before that power outage i talked about earlier, the guitar and amp worked perfectly. I would like to believe in aliens, ghosts and spirits so that i can know what the problem is but i don't and i don't think i will any time soon.
Take your butchered wife out of the freezer. That 'll do.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by hckfrk38
I have somethign like that too, I leave my guitar plugged in with my amp on. My guitar's volume is at nothing, this happened a few times. I left my guitar and some weird alien noises came out. I thought it was some feedback or dust, but I checked my guitar and teh volume was off. It was so freaky. Hope it dosn't happen again.

On the note of getting strange noises, my old Peavey amp sometimes received really scary radio. Like, Arabian stuff. In the middle of the night.

As for the threadstarter, that is really weird indeed. Are you sure and were you there when the musicstore said it worked?
Quote by Y00p

As for the threadstarter, that is really weird indeed. Are you sure and were you there when the musicstore said it worked?

yeah i was there both times and they both looked at me like i was an idiot.
ok guys, you are making this WAY too hard. he came to the conclusion it wasnt the cable when he bought a new one
when he went to the store and tried both things out, he ruled out that it was the rig.

and you have tested that plug. and other things work in that socket.

so. . .
we have nothing else to test. so something is really screwy. can you get to your fuse panel? if so, turn off the breaker that goes to taht room (make sure computers and stuff are off) and turn it back on, if it still dont work, i have no idea.
try getting an extension cord for the outlet, and moving the amp outside or around the house, see if it starts producing noise. and try it at neighbor's houses.
Brazillian Thrash Massacre
Quote by bobsyouraunt
press the power button.

But he said the power was of
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
Maybe your house is using a lower or higher voltage than the other places (I believe houses built before the seventies are effected by this)
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko
Maybe your house is using a lower or higher voltage than the other places (I believe houses built before the seventies are effected by this)

this could be true (voltages and what not)

but electronics are designed to be able to work (in the US, europe, its different) at 120 volts. however, it rarely stays at 120 volts so they will work from 110 volts to 130. (i have an isolated transformer at work, and i put a certain voltage to componets and its really fun to play with, but ive tested this down to 110 volts, and thats when things start to quit working) so if it was fluxuating more than that, other things in your house shouldnt be working.
the only solution that worked for me was going over to someone else's house to play it. My house was built in the early 2000's but that voltage thing might be a legitimate problem although my friend lives in the same area as i do.

But the important thing to note here is that my guitar was working fine before.
I've given up on this amp and decided to buy a new one. I recently tried it out at another friend's house and it didnt work there. So, I bought a new amp (a Fender frontman 15R) and it works fine but the distortion wasn't as good as my little 10 watt amp. Rest in peace little Kustom.
I assume you've jiggled the hell out of the power supply. That's always my first move. Then switching outlets.