so.. this sort of body "chambering"... or this

with no f-holes, with a Mahogany body that looks vaguely like a Les Paul with double cutaways. What could I expect to hear out of that? Anyway... this might be in the wrong forum, but you guys are the real experts - what do you think?
Quote by freedumb
its a telecaster, and there should be a cap to cover those wholes

i think he meant, that kind of chambering ON a guitar that looks like les paul etc.
Quote by freedumb
its a telecaster, and there should be a cap to cover those wholes
OK. I know it's a tele. And I know that the holes are covered. I'm just showing the inside of the body because I want to know what the guitar would sound like if I applied the same principle to a different type of guitar.

Quote by mangablade
i think he meant, that kind of chambering ON a guitar that looks like les paul etc.
Yeah, pretty much.

I know that the thinline tele sounds pretty much like a tele does... I'm asking if I put that same concept into a Les Paul or SG-style body, with humbuckers and not the twangy-ish tele-style, what would I get? Basically, I just want to know some of the principles behind it...

It's just a point of interest.
Epiphone has a hollow body guitar that is similar in shape and size to a Les Paul. You could check one of those out. I think it's the FlameKat. I know it's got f-holes, but might give you and idea. I also recall Squier having a chambered guitar, an Esprit, I think. These might get you in the ballpark.
When you howllow out a solid body guitar, you can except some very nice feed back, and a sweet resonant, harmonic tone. A lot of other factors do influence tone!
im sorry, i misunderstood your question. epiphone makes a chambered les paul called the ultra. you could expect a warmer fuller tone for bluesy, and classic rock sounds, but feedback issues would prevent it from being good for metal, and it wouldn't sound aggressive enough for high gain music.
Ok, I think my plan is as follows:

Since I'm taking a year off of school I have all the time in the world, so, firstly I shall build my first full guitar from scratch, a double-cut LP solidbody.
IF money permits, and I feel like it, I'm going to build a Thinline Tele without the F-hole for funsies.

Then we'll see.

I'm already pretty good with woodworking just from teaching myself, but this'll be a challenge for sure. I've already ordered my wood :P