Recently my strings have started to rust faster then normal. I use ernie ball super slinkys and within a week there starting to rust and stuff. Is there any strings that will last longer or is there a way to make them last longer?
Theres somethin wrong with those strings are something. They should not be starting to rust that quickly.
Put some Dr.ducks on your strings. My EB's lasted an easy month that way.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I thought it may have just been the pack, but this is the 2nd pack thats done it.
I have the same strings and have the SAME problem.. it is quite annoying. I did find that always washing my hands before playing helps stop that problem.. do you keep your guitar in a room that has a window thats frequently open? that might be the problem too..
Im in a basement so no, there are no windows. I would wash my hands each time but normally I just pick it up and play for a bit and running upstairs to wash my hands isnt the first thing on my mind.

And whats Dr. Ducks?
your fingers are probly just really sweaty when you play. I'd recommend GHS boomers. They're very cheep and mine seem to go around 2 weeks before sounding dull and getting corosion
I used to use EB but I had that lovely little problem you guys just described, so now i use daddarios, Jazz Lights are my favorites.
I have a cool little trick to get off string corosion though. Just go to home depot and get a bottle of Mineral Spirits. Then take an old song and put some mineral spirits on it and with the sock, pinch your strings and slide up and down the string. one at a time. once their clean you should hear a very high pitched squeel.
for gods sake... ive had my strings for a year, 3hrs+/day usage, and NO string rust.

did you friggin masturbate on your strings or something? i dont see how its possible to get them to rust so friggin quick!
you can try geting some ghs fast fret its a string cleaner/lube i find that it helps with making your strings last longer
My Gear:
Gibson les paul custom
Gibson les paul studio
Marshall JCM2000
Crappy strat copy
Quote by gsr2k6
And whats Dr. Ducks?

"Axe wax". Its basically oil that you rub on literally every part of your guitar, real great stuff.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by mangablade
for gods sake... ive had my strings for a year, 3hrs+/day usage, and NO string rust.

did you friggin masturbate on your strings or something? i dont see how its possible to get them to rust so friggin quick!

You helped. So much.

To all who really helped thanks, Ill try some type of string lube or somthing.

And I actually have came on my strings once so I guess his post wasnt useless.
You could boil your strings or wash them in lemon oil.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Get some Finger-Ease, spray it on the strings, rub with cloth, and it protects it from rust, reduces string noise, makes them slicker, and u can put it on the neck and make it slicker which would be good for shreddin