hi everyone, i was just wondering whether anyone could recommend me any good metal solos or riffs, i really wana learn some, i been learning alot of maiden at the moment but i need some more ideas, thanks
I smell raw sewage. That's aside, if you want crazy heavy metal shred solos, check out some stuff like Arch Enemy's "Dead Eyes See No Future" or Children of Bodom's "Sixpounder". Both of those have killer riffs AND solos. If you want to get old school, try to play Judas Priest's "Metal Meltdown" or Pantera's "Domination" (A personal favorite of mine).
i posted twice cos i wasnt sure where to post it, take it off if it matters so much
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath
Pantera
Ozzy Osbourne
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Rage Against the Machine(they have heavy riffs)
AC DC
Iced Earth
Opeth
Slayer
Arch Enemy
if you can sweep pick... look up the tab for Alaska by Between The Buried And Me... its one of the most difficult songs ive ever heard... and the only tab is the intro... i have YET to find a COMPLETE tab of it on the net... i think that itll take a while to tab it...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
Iron Maiden---Powerslave
Black Sabbath---NIB
Judas Priest---Metal Meltdown
Metallica---Orion
Ozzy Osbourne---Crazy Train
I second Powerslave. It's the heaviest Maiden song I've heard, so it's a good start. Check out any song off Slayer's Show No Mercy. None are too difficult, all are full out thrash.

http://www.darklyrics.com/s/slayer.html
Last edited by Archon473 at Jul 12, 2006,
Try Atreyu's Bleeding Mascara, Intro. It'll get you into sweep picking if you're not already, and it's fun to play.
megadeth hangar 18 and tornado of souls (pretty hard)

pantera cowboys from hell, walk, cemetary gates (again, pretty hard, not just as hard though)

Ozzy: mr crowley, bark at the moon, miracle man.

Loads of others, obviously, those are the ones that came to mind though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bark at the moon, crazy train by ozzy

Cowboys from hell, walk and domination by pantera
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
A lot of the early Metallica stuff is great, as well as some Megadeth...

Also, Randy Rhoads-era Ozzy Osbourne tunes are an excellent way to learn killer riffage & solos too!

Ex:
Crazy Train
Mr. Crowley
Master Of Puppets (I know, it's cliche, but ya know)
Blackened
Tornado Of Souls

etc...
Enter Sandman by Metallica is like my favorite metal song to play
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Nottingham Lace by Buckethead. Actually, has anyone been able to tab even the first section of the solo?
Dickless.