Which would be better for metals and some nice sounding cleans? A Dual Humbucker setup or a HSS setup?
HAHAHAH well my friend, you want good metals... go with humbucking, you want good cleans go with HSS. There's unfortunately no real happy medium with that sorta thing i don't personally feel. BUt i will say that from experience i think it's better to get ALL humbucking or ALL singlecoil, the reason for this is that single coils feel empty without the bridge one and one humbucker doesn't blend well with the 2 singlecoils as far as cleans go. I had a jackson with a hss but i replaced the neck one with a hotrail just cause for metal, sometimes you need that smooth neck humbucking if you ever wanna play say... the walk solo... or atleast pay homage to it. I would get the HH. Most of the time the humbucking guitars are built to take a better thrashing as far as technique goes, but once you change to the single coils, you'll have to change your playing style or turn the volume on the g tar down. That's what i think anyhoo...
I believe i will get Hot rails(if they are the single sized hum's that is) in bridge and neck, the a single coil in the middle so i can get that super strat wiring kit that i got my eye on.
Wait i just run acros these single sized hums called little59's, they any good?