I'm looking for an amp that can do RHCP like clean tones. (Think Under The Bridge, the intro and the main verse) Would an unmodded (I would blow it up If I tried to mod it) Blues Junior be capable of that? The absolute most I could spend would be about 500 dollars.
why don't you get a line 6 spider 2? Its got good clean, and if you want some heavy distortion built into it so you don't really need a pedal. Good all around amp and its not expensive either.
~To live is to die~
I tried a Blues Jr. and a stndard MIM Strat and got that style of tone.
Spiders II suck major bull anal, so stay away from them.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
With my Blues Jr and Strat, I get a pretty damn close Frusciante clean tone.

Try one out, see what you think of one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah, BJ is good for that type of stuff...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Or with $500 you could get the Blues Jr. bigger brother the Hot Rod Deluxe.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
^ yeah, if you need more wattage- though the el84's might do the frusciante tone a little better (the 6L6's may be a little too pristine- I dunno, maybe I'm just making that up). Traynors may be worth a look too, just for completeness.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
blues jr. is perfect for rhcp tone. i own one.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Get a Blues Jr, then all you need is a Strat, and a Big Muff and a wah, oh yea, and an MXR Micro amp, and a chorus, and a lot of Moogs, and a DL4, and a FM4....and so on...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Thanks for the advice, and I already have a fat strat, which I got around march or so. Its pretty amazing to me that i've been using the same amp since the 3rd grade... that thing needs to be put out to pasture, and by "put out to pasture" I mean set on fire and tossed into a dumpster.
Quote by TheforumTroll
I'm looking for an amp that can do RHCP like clean tones. (Think Under The Bridge, the intro and the main verse) Would an unmodded (I would blow it up If I tried to mod it) Blues Junior be capable of that? The absolute most I could spend would be about 500 dollars.

GIVE ME BACK MY AVATAR!!!!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
But, but, but I love incubus too! Fungus Amongus is in my top 5 for favorite albums ever. Oh well, I see you've been here longer. I'll change it since I'm cool like that.
I get the perfect Frusciante tone with my Tele. You can basically his sound with good single coils and a good amp for cleans, not necessarily specific amps. The Blues Jr. should cut it, though you might want to save $100 more and get a Hot Rod Deluxe for more wattage.
Quote by Nirvana101
why don't you get a line 6 spider 2? Its got good clean, and if you want some heavy distortion built into it so you don't really need a pedal. Good all around amp and its not expensive either.

1 more time
Seriously, i own the line 6 spider 2, and the clean is nothing near what you would want for RHCP
Quote by TheforumTroll
But, but, but I love incubus too! Fungus Amongus is in my top 5 for favorite albums ever. Oh well, I see you've been here longer. I'll change it since I'm cool like that.

thank you, i may have seemed a bit harsh, but thanks for your co-operation.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM