Ok the question, is it the same Madness that sings One step and Beyond the same Madness that sings Our House?

The sound is so much different.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Yup, same Madness. They really do manage to write a lot of very different songs, they're amazing
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Madness ran out of Prince Buster songs, like "One Step Beyond" and "Madness", to cover. The Specials beat them to the punch by doing Prince Buster's "Judge Dread" thing in the song "Stupid Marriage".

Madness, being left without anyone to copy, then wrote "Our House" and then did crappy jazz and arty music.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by scoob666
^ I actually like Madness more than the Specials. Most of the Specials' best songs are covers.

Madness sing about baggy pants, guys stealing underwear and other such nonsense.
The Specials sang about gangsters, working for the rat race, nuclear attacks, the ravages of old age, a dystopic new era and other issues from a land we call reality.

Madness doing a ska version of Mozart's "Swan Lake", covering Labi Siffre's "It Must Be Love" is such lightweight Mickey Mouse crap compared to the Specials covers of The Skatalites "Guns Of Navarone" and Louis Prima's "Enjoy Yourself".

It's probably because Jerry Dammers was in a punk band before the Specials and Suggs said that he grew his hair out (meaning he didn't want to be a skinhead anyomre) when Sham came along.

Quote by chillie pepper
so where does Baggy Trousers fit in then?

It was Madness's first, but not last, sell-out song.

I haven't heard any Specials songs popping up in commercials, but Madness sold out early on and let Colgate use the song "Baggy Trousers" for the Colgate Pump in the early 80s.
They have since sold many of their songs to Levis(their cover of "It must Be Love") and a few other companies.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.