im having some trouble with tapping... im not sure if I'm using the right fingers.

|--------------------------------------------------|
|--12-9-5-9-12-9-5-9-12-9-5-9-12-9-5-9-|

i place my index finger(left hand) on the 5th fret, my pinky(left hand) on the 9th, and my middle finger (on the right hand) on the 12th fret. Am I doing it right?

any hep would be appreciated
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
you could use your ring finger(left) instead of the pinky. the ring finger is much stronger and i find its easier to control (like to do faster stuff), might make the tapping easier
By tapping with the middle finger you can still hold onto your pick...i prefer to use my middle.
ok thanks
i cant reach with when i se my rind finger(like AC/DC10 said) but is that normal for some people who have small hands??
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
From 5th to 9th is doable but only just. I have farily large hands and can make it but it's an uncormfortable stretch. The key to tapping is just to try it until you can get an fast even rhythm and a good sound
Quote by AC/DC10
you could use your ring finger(left) instead of the pinky. the ring finger is much stronger and i find its easier to control (like to do faster stuff), might make the tapping easier

I don't agree with you. Although the ring finger is stronger at the beginning, you'll find out that at many postition you need the pinky finger. For example the lick:
e|------t14p12p7---| can only be played with the pink and if you haven't trained it, you can't play many licks.

So try to play with the pinky every where the distance is more that 2 frets. You'll find out that after some weeks it is very usefull, many say that it is the most important finger.
^ Yeh, and your retarded........ Neglecting your pinky is a bad habit..... 5-9 most certainly calls for the pink... With time( assuming the thread starter is new to guitar ) the pink will end up being MUCH faster in a situation like that.

Dont listen to the acdc guy, your doign everything perfect keep it up.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Yeh, and your retarded........ Neglecting your pinky is a bad habit..... 5-9 most certainly calls for the pink... With time( assuming the thread starter is new to guitar ) the pink will end up being MUCH faster in a situation like that.

Dont listen to the acdc guy, your doign everything perfect keep it up.

Dude, I gave him a suggestion. You gave him a different one. My hands are a little bigger than yours, dont call me a retard because of it. Its not like i dont use my pinky at all.