Im looking to replace my $10 pocket tuner that's off by a lot with a unit for up to $50

I know that's a limiting price there but I cant go above that right now.

I tried looking up info on the Sabine STX1100 Chromatic AutoTuner but didn't find any, it seems like a great unit...anyone here try it?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sabine-STX1100-Chromatic-AutoTuner?sku=211023

I know most people are getting that boss pedal tuner and I would like to but as i said...money.

So if that's not a good tuner for the price let me know what is a good tuner.

Thanks
You could always splurge a little bit more and try the Planet Waves pedal tuner. I got that and I haven't had a problem. It is a strobe or a normal tuner and its about $70-80.
I just went though musiciansfriend.com searching tuners from customer ratings and after sifting out the guitars i got it down to a few

this is the #1 that's from the list
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-DT7-Tuner?sku=210525

its a bit pricey for me but I'm sure it works well

after than one came the Boss TD-15
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-TU15-Chromatic-Tuner-with-AccuPitch?sku=213013

its also really high in price but I have seen this one work on TV and that needle really stays steady compared to my old tuner.

after that came the Fender PT-100 which looks neat and the price is not bad

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-PT100-Custom-Pedal-Tuner?sku=215015

right now, since I have seen it work ...I'm looking to save up for the boss TD15.

if anyone has any other suggestions on tuners, feel free to post.
Oh, I've been looking for a pedal tuner myself, was thinking about settling with Behringers but the Fender PT-100 would seem alot better and the price isn't bad at all.

What's its powersource though? 9V? Where is the adaptor input located on the unit?
Quote by maxter0
Oh, I've been looking for a pedal tuner myself, was thinking about settling with Behringers but the Fender PT-100 would seem alot better and the price isn't bad at all.

What's its powersource though? 9V? Where is the adaptor input located on the unit?

Looked one up on ebay

They will work on a 9V battery or a 9V power supply cord

the reviews on it are great, maby ill pick one of them up
wow that tuner you're looking at looks straight out of the '80's. i'd buy it.
Quote by moody07747
Looked one up on ebay

They will work on a 9V battery or a 9V power supply cord

the reviews on it are great, maby ill pick one of them up

Nice nice, will probably buy on of those myself then, seems really promising
if you are going to buy a pedal tuner for about 70 bucks i'd say get a zoom 505, its $70 it works for alternate tunings and has many many effects that could be handy....
Quote by jmac72187
You could always splurge a little bit more and try the Planet Waves pedal tuner. I got that and I haven't had a problem. It is a strobe or a normal tuner and its about $70-80.

Definitely. I wanted to waste my money on crap tuners too, but eventually I realized what an idiot I was and saved up an extra $30 to get the Planet Waves tuner, and I'm very happy with it.
my 2nd guitarist and bassist, including myself use the fender pt tuner..it works great!..used it at gigs and stands the test of time and abuse..lol..
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
I just got my pedal tuner in and tried it out.

The PT100 is a great tuner for its price. It takes the notes fast and the meter does not jump all around like the small pocket tuner I had. Its probably not as good as a $200 Peterson tuner but for $44 it cant be beat. The metal frame is strong and I don't see how anything could go wrong with it any time soon.

The only thing I don't like about this tuner is you don't have any settings to change from sharp or flat...You have to get it to light that last or first light to do a sharp or flat. I would have been nice if you could select these allowing you to use that center red LED to get sharps and flats dead on but as I said, its worth its price.

If anyone is on a limited budget and needs a quality tuner i highly suggest the Fender PT100.