Page 1 of 4
Hey guys,

I recently bought a Squier Telecaster Affinity Series, for its nice neck and feel and I've decided to customize it.

Stock neck, with Locking Tuners,
Humbucker (fullsize) at bridge,
Humbucking single at neck,
Better Electronics w/ pushpull coil tap and 5 way switch (suggestions for what the switch does),
Drilled for strings thru body
Ice blue finish w/black pickguard and either chrome or black hardware.

Now, which UGer in manchester has a drill press and a router?... Calum? (How much would it cost)
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
For the switching, a 4p5t "superswitch" could be fun. Something like..

1. Neck
2. Neck and Bridge in series
3. Neck and Bridge in parallel
4. Bridge single
3. Bridge

So then there'd be no need for a pushpull split.. you could use it to put the neck or bridge pickup out of phase or something.
These go to eleven...
Jim, I'm liking your advice, I'm also liking your radiohead fanaticalism.

I bought this telecaster to be Jonny Greenwood basically, I was thinking of a kill switch, so maybe I'll put it as a push pull.

Pics soon.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
nice, I would go for the chrome hardware, and for the neck position, the dimarzio chopper, you have got to love Bumblefoot's neck tone.

For the bridge, there's so many out there, I'm sure you have an idea on what you want.

Will you do anything original with the finish (paint etc...)?

And what woods (or cardboard) is it made of?
I was thinking of having the dually red red, its actually made out of 3 pieces of alder, whereas the more expensive 'standard' is made from agathis.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Also, I will have to rout and drill press to convert the bridge which is currently top loading single coil, can someone (Calum_Barrow) agree to do this for me?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Looks like it surely will be a magical project, good luck!

What neck does it have?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You can buy a telecaster bridge with a humbucker space, then rout out the pocket for it.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to go with the single in the bridge, and the 'bucker in the neck, to preserve some twang.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
pedro and something other than a jag.....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by StaggHound
You can buy a telecaster bridge with a humbucker space, then rout out the pocket for it.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to go with the single in the bridge, and the 'bucker in the neck, to preserve some twang.

Yeah but I'd have to drill for strings thru body, I've already mentioned that I am getting a bucker bridge.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Sweet...
Be sure to post some pics, I want to see my beautiful logo(if you're still using it) actually applied.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Right about this finish, I'm just going to powersand it off in the morning, im going to completely strip it down and unless a fellow UGist offers to drillpress and rout it for me (for a small fee) im going to have to save for a week or two to get it done profesionally.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
How does a chisel, hammer, and sandpaper sound?

Sounds like a great build. I would suggest maybe going the extra mile and purchasing gold hardware. I think that would look sweet.

EDIT: Since we spoke about it in this thread, how would one wire a pickup to a switch in series/parallel and/or phase switching? Who ever has this answer may PM me with whatever information.
Quote by Pedricko
Right about this finish, I'm just going to powersand it off in the morning, im going to completely strip it down and unless a fellow UGist offers to drillpress and rout it for me (for a small fee) im going to have to save for a week or two to get it done profesionally.

I'll do it for ya if you want. Will the pickup be in a mounting ring or humbucker tele bridge or what? (don't need to know now but I was just wondering.)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
gonna be the humbucker tele bridge, if i sent you my pickguard to could you cut it to accomodate the wider bridge? and are you ok with the drilling of feruless?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
^ yeah I could cut the pickguard too if you want. Has the new bridge got the holes for the strings drilled too? cause then I can drill the holes though the bridge if you get me. And drilling for ferrules should be no problem. I'll fit them if you've got them. It'll only take a day to do it all I would say. You can either just drop it off or I'll pick it up, or you can come and watch me if you REALLY wanted. I'm not fussed.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

I'm buying a new black p/g that you could cut for me.

The new bridge is going to be similar to: http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/shop/products.php?category=209&product=1348 hopefully I'll find something cheaper, cause that things like, 2 days wages (including delivery)

Also are there any good tuners that look like the stock modern fender/squier but drop right in? Maybe locking? I was thinking Wilkinson?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Good luck with this build.
Ill be watching.

About time someone fixes something up besides a P.O.S. Strat.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
I have noticed as of late that there a lot less 'concept' threads than there used to be, its mostly actual work now (except for some people not naming names) and that 24 string bass is either gonna flop or be amazingly cool.

Also I'm going metallic blue with a blackpickguard (and black screws) with chrome hardware. Also thinking of locking tuners?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
sounds a lto liek my tele build

it went from just new pups and a flame malpe top- to a new neck, flame maple top- and a bunch of new hardware

looks awsome though

pics man- i want to see this
I wouldnt even begin to be able to add a top, being that I lack the tools and no stores around here carry good supplies.

Pics = tommorow.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Pics better be here tomorrow...

So Ped, decided what pickups your going to have?

And you should leave the single in the bridge, as otherwise you don't have a Tele anymore...
put the HB in the neck.
HB in bridge, Tele in the neck - aka still a tele.

Bridge HB = Seymour Duncan JB (what? I like it)
Neck stacked single = Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder

Yes I like SD pickups, and I can also get a bloody good deal on them.

Anyone reccomend me some locking tuners that I could drop right in?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
The Affinity Strat I had had a thicker than average headstock.
I think you'll have to mess with it, I sanded mine down around 2mm to make my Shallers fit on. But now they pwn.
I'll see what I can do about the headstock. I may leave the stock tuners on as I've had no problem with them.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!

Body Shot

Logo

Future project there, I'm going to need Calums help on filling the trem cavity, and routing the bridge for a bucker.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Its quite a looker, yes.

Im growing more and more attached to it now - I dont want to rip it apart!
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
I cant find any satin laquers in the uk for the neck decal!
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Ippon
Where did you get the font?!? I want it!

Pink Queen made it right?
Quote by Pedricko
I cant find any satin laquers in the uk for the neck decal!

Steve Robinson sells satin nitro in cans. £15 a can I think. And yes he is in Manchester. I'm gonna buy the lacquer for my guitar from him.

http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/

Oh and I'll be more than happy to do some work on that Strat too if you want. I've got quite a bit of maple lying around if you wanna fill that trem cavity.

Page 1 of 4