umm i had this piano riff in my head for a looong time and just recently got down to tabbing it and building on it, but since my guitar's been umm 'taken' by my mom I can't go further than this. Plz crit and tell me if its worth it n how I can add bass and percussion to it.

EDIT: i've removed these files here because they're worthless now, download the ones which chris has posted - they're awesome!
Last edited by siddyjain at Sep 1, 2006,
really cool, the only part i didnt like was when the distortion comes in, it fades in every time, just have it play normally, thats the only thing i would change, good stuff! and i would also try adding rhythm piano to the main melody, that would sound pretty cool, imo. . . crit any of mine if you would like. thanks
I agree with Schecter...

althou, If you made the root note in the piano (c#, b, a, f#)

I like the chord proggression. Very nice
I really liked the piano melody and the synth voice that comes in, it really sets the mood.
This would sound a lot better with some chords or as the above said some root notes to go along with the piano.

Good work here, I think this would be great for an intro to a song.

Please crit mine if you would like.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
holy effin ****- that was amazing! my question now - how'd u fgure what notes u had to put in the string ensemble - like what was the reason behind it.
and the drums were just awesome!
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
Last edited by siddyjain at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by siddyjain
holy effin ****- that was amazing! my question now - how'd u fgure what notes u had to put in the string ensemble - like what was the reason behind it.
and the drums were just awesome!

Well, first the root note for the piano was just the same as the chords you used for the guitar. Since a power chord is made up by a root, its fifth interval, and its octave, that's how I came up with that. For the other note, on piano that I added, that was just a harmony to give it a major or minor feeling.

For the strings, I basically took the same idea from the piano and applied it to that. I just used some different notes and used a few high notes to make it sound brighter.

Thanks, even though I think I could've made the drums better, that's all I could think of lol.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Pretty cool, sounds really nice, one little thing tho is that it should be in 6/4 not 4/4 but it doesnt really matter, nice stuff.