I've been thinking about getting a new guitar recently as the guitar i have now really isnt that great (Yamaha ERG 121C) and i was thinking about getting an Ibanez RG, i was looking around at a few and one caught my eye (the RG 321). This is a fixed bridge guitar and i was wondering is it worth getting a guitar with a fixed bridge ? and what does it do to the quality and sound and so on so forth. so please can someone answer this for me

callum
I recently bought an RG with a floating bridge and, man, it's cool, but, if I buy any other guitar, it will be a fixed bridge one, no doubt about it. I'll probably go for a Gibson Les Paul.
For those about to rock, I salute you!
With a fixed bridge you're supposed to get better sustain and tuning stability. But I'd rather be able to dive bomb and raise notes with a floating bridge.
"When ignorance reigns, life is lost."

Teh Space
Quote by ndfcartman
With a fixed bridge you're supposed to get better sustain and tuning stability. But I'd rather be able to dive bomb and raise notes with a floating bridge.

Yep, that's exactly it. Choose. :p
For those about to rock, I salute you!
If using a trem isn't part of your technique, go with a fixed bridge. Having a trem you're never going to use is just a hassle more than anything.
Hi, I'm Peter
yeah i never use my trem thats why i was thinking about a fixed bridge, well thank you guys and gals ? for that i have come to the conclusion that im going to get the Ibanez RG321
i second what dirk said, and also add that on the cheap ibanezes, you're better off without a trem, as the cheap ibby trems are crap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i second what dirk said, and also add that on the cheap ibanezes, you're better off without a trem, as the cheap ibby trems are crap.

+mega ****ing 1 on that statement their though Ibanez have said that they have fixed the knife edges on the edge III trem
^ what, you mean they aren't made of papier mache any more?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no i think theyre made out of chewing gum so they will return back to their original point so i hope
^ ah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I dunno I recently got an ibanez rg2550e but took it back yesterday because the floating brige was too much. I spent absolutely hours when I wanted to change the tuning but to no avail because it always screwed up one bit of the guitar by doing so and when I fixed that another got screwed. I got an american strat and it's a fantastic instrument.
Fixed bridge is much more better when tuning is concerned.

So if that's your biggest worry.. then y'know.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
well my 1st guitar was exactly the same as yours, yamaha erg 121c, and i went to an ibanez with a floating bridge to see what it was like really, wanted to try out something new and i think it was worth it, its cool having the option available and ive used it for divebombs etc quite often
Quote by Sceptile_Master
I dunno I recently got an ibanez rg2550e but took it back yesterday because the floating brige was too much. I spent absolutely hours when I wanted to change the tuning but to no avail because it always screwed up one bit of the guitar by doing so and when I fixed that another got screwed. I got an american strat and it's a fantastic instrument.

Are you serious.....??? Ibanez > Fender anyday in all ways.....!!! Even in looks the ibanez owns it...!!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by Sceptile_Master

maybe it would of had been a good idea to have learnt a bit about floyd rose bridges before you got one
Wow, you took back the Prestige....just...wow...u dunno what you've missed.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic