Howdy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pszS1biTeQ4

Take a look at this if ya want, i've been playing for a little over a year now, and this is just me tapping a shiIT. Um, just yeah, crit and comment as much as ya want and my main concern is my pick grip, i dunno, it just seems a bit dodgy on camera. And also my tapping looks bad is there are better looking way to do it?

Cheers!
Last edited by dm08 at Jul 12, 2006,
it has awkward transitions... and seemed a bit slow ... and that little ditty sounds familiar
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
yea work on your transitions
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
atreyu and metallica, haha strange combo. ok since i know the song the transition was fine it's as fast as it's supposed to be. pick grip is the problem, it looks kinda strange from that video. try making your right hand a bit closer to the fretboard...? dunno how to explain this, it just makes it more comfortable somehow.
So what else did you do in that 1 year?
Guitarrist living in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and looking to join a band.
...what happens at the end???

Anyway, yeah that was a pretty good sounding stuff for one year. Keep practising
i've been playin for less and i can sweep
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
dont be a douche bag

and for the record, ive been playin twice as long as him and cant sweep. i really need to learn, got any tips?
yeah umm, i didnt look like you new what you were gonna play before you recorded it. and you just kinda sit there desparetly tryin to think of a riff. but yeah id say try soome faster stuff, and def alternate pick cus if you dont learn that your going to suck. good luck
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Quote by oscar7557

ive been playing for ten thousand billion years and you can shut up
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by oscar7557

I also imagine that you sit in your basement with your computer in front of you and play all day with no contact with the outside world. I didn't even CARE about playing fast for the first three years. Now I just try to keep up with fast music that PRETTY (**** you Yngwie, Petrucci owns)

Your tone needs a lot of practice, for one. And all you need is some more practice. We all have to start somewhere, man. I recommend a little more gain considering what you play. Rock on, bro.
personally though, i envy the douche sweeper, i wish i got into music like that so early, i was playin the adicts and the casualties, fucking punk
geez touchy touch ... if he can post a vid and waste my life then i can post my self esteem by sayin i pwn him and ya i do speed all week playin nothing but guitar and go out on weekends..
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Quit getting all excited over one guy waving his dick around. It's probably the kind of sweeping that has 1 audible note and 5 muffled ones. But he's still t2h p\/\/ /\/
yes im a douch cuse i love to play guitar and will sit her 6 or 8 hours and practice guess i fail at life cuse i've learned more than people that have played for years...
maybe try and learn that master of the puppets solo the right way..oh wait, that was a squier right? they only have 21 frets, and you need 22 to do it the real way..nevermind
Go get your shovel.
pre bend?
what was that it was terrible and the only tapping you did was at the beginning which was terrible please practise before you post yourself on the internet
Quote by SynGates7X
maybe try and learn that master of the puppets solo the right way..oh wait, that was a squier right? they only have 21 frets, and you need 22 to do it the real way..nevermind

The guitar he is playing has 22 frets..

That was a wierd combination little thing, I mean I wouldadvise finding some backing tracks to play along with and make sure you keep everything at a steady tempo.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Quote by SynGates7X

On the album it's a harmonized riff. It's played the way he played it with a higher version of the same riff recorded over it so that they blend. I'm pretty sure Kirk plays the higher version live though.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by JtoTHAizzosh
On the album it's a harmonized riff. It's played the way he played it with a higher version of the same riff recorded over it so that they blend. I'm pretty sure Kirk plays the higher version live though.

yeah i know its harmonized, its just that in my book both parts being played are higher than that.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
yeah i know its harmonized, its just that in my book both parts being played are higher than that.

Ah gotcha. Sorry about that. I wasn't really paying attention to what frets he was on anyway lol.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by JtoTHAizzosh

It's possible he used an effects pedal to get the harmony.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Jul 12, 2006,
Quote by oscar7557
geez touchy touch ... if he can post a vid and waste my life then i can post my self esteem by sayin i pwn him and ya i do speed all week playin nothing but guitar and go out on weekends..

These forums are filled with players who have mastered many techniques in very
little time playing. At least according to them. It's funny how they usually never
have anything we can listen to. We're all very impressed by you and your
pwnage.
Quote by purple_hazer
so, basically, edg is the shit

Where did I ever make any claim about my playing ability? In fact you can
look through every post I've ever made here and I don't think you'll find a
single one.

On the other hand, I do put make my recordings available. You decide. Talk
is cheap.
Quote by Bazilisck311
It's possible he used an effects pedal to get the harmony.

That's a possibility too.

After looking back over the tabs and watching the video again I've noticed that he plays that riff the same way I do. It's moved up a string and appropriated so it doesn't require a 22nd fret and also makes it a bit easier to play. I'm not sure if Metallica plays it like that or not, but it sounds just the same.

To the thread starter, you're off to a good start bro. Just remember to never stop pushing yourself.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by oscar7557
yes im a douch cuse i love to play guitar and will sit her 6 or 8 hours and practice guess i fail at life cuse i've learned more than people that have played for years...

if ur so confident post a vid of urself...let us see ur legend skill, anyways dont be a douche and please do post a vid
Man, I'm getting some serious Deja Vu...
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Smoothie
So what else did you do in that 1 year?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
By the way that was an old vid i found -- after about 1 month learning...it's nice to see how aggressive and judgemental some people in here can be...maybe this is why some people don't post many videos on here...

Cheers!