I've been playing for about 4 years. I like classic rock, rock and a little metal here and there (nothing really heavier than metallica). I want to get tone similar to Slash and I love the les paul shape. I was looking at the epi les paul custom and also the agile 3500. Do you guys know how these guitars compare. I haven't played the agile yet, but im driving up to Ohio and im going to stop at new jersey on the way to check it out for myself.
Last edited by Salzary at Jul 12, 2006,
I hear the Agile is better than the Epiphone.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
I have the epi les paul custom and i think it's ****.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
The 3500, and 3000 are better than the Epi LP's (Even the customs) They have better wood, better pickups, better tops, and just better craftsmanship. Plus, If I'm not mistaken, the 3500 is cheaper.

By the way, this is comming from somebody who has acually played a 3500. I'm not just saying what I hear.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
i cant really comment on these guitars but i would suggest leaving a bit more info such as how much you can spend for when other people arrive hear can also make some other reccomendations aswell maybe.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
My price range is around $700. I have heard so many things about agile but i have to try them out for myself so i guess its road trip time.
save up a little more and get the epiphone elitest(spelling?) les paul
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Do you think the epi elitist is worth the $500 more than the agile? If the difference is very minimal I would rather use that money to buy a nice amp. I have a crappy squier starter amp now and I was going to buy a vox valvetronix amp when i get the LP.
Last edited by Salzary at Jul 12, 2006,
I haven's seen an Agile 3500 or 3000 on the site for a few days now, maybe a week...

Might want to e-mail Kurt, and ask him whether there are more coming in, just get a heads up.

No use driving to Jersey for nothing.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Quote by Salzary
Do you think the epi elitist is worth the $500 more than the agile? If the difference is very minimal I would rather use that money to buy a nice amp. I have a crappy squier starter amp now and I was going to buy a vox valvetronix amp when i get the LP.

YES!! The Elitist series will kick the crap out of the Agiles!! Hell, the Elitist custom plays better than most Gibson Standards!! It's deffinatly worth it to save up. Hell, you don't even have to save that much ($200-$300 I think). Deffinatly look at them.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by CustomCustom
If you got $700 get an LTD EC1000 in Amber Sunburst or Honeyburst with Duncan jb/59 pups

They have like, half the wood of a LP, still nice guitars tho, just not for authentic LP tone.
Get the LTD EC400AT with arch top every bit as thick as a real LP and as heavy too with Duncan JB/59 for $529 at a local shop, I just dont like the black or gold top finish options