Page 1 of 3
ULTIMATE-GUITAR RADIO
Awaiting Approval

Every few weeks or so, me and other chosen users, will search through UG for the best talent in the recording sections, and then message them get their consent and compile something like 10 tracks with talk in between introducing them, kind of like radio, but it promotes UGers music, and then the mp3 of the radio show is put up for download (were still deciding where th file will be hosted, probably not on UG servers, if anyone knows a good hosting service for large files please pm me)..

NEW*

Weve decided to run the show live, so users can send in requests via posts and pms, and it will be recorded and put up fro download incase you missed it...

Involved Users

Talent Scouts:-
Beansontoast

DJs:-(I will chose the final DJ of the show from this list, once i have heard some demos)
GuitarSymphony
wmzbomgzors

Techs:-
Beansontaost

Scout Finders WANTED PM ME

Quick FAQ

How do I get my band/myself on the radio show?
PM me or any talent finder with either a link to your myspace/purevolume etc. with some brief information about yourself (name, age, email address)

Although the Talent Scouts wil always have their eyes on the recordings subforums, for talented musicians.

What genre of music will the radio show play?
Anything that stands out, we hope to broaden peoples tastes musically, it wont be the same thing, it will be like bam classical piece bam folk acoustic song bam post hardcore explosion bam gut wrenching solo etc. Although the rapping goes in the maybe pile
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
Last edited by Beansontoast at Jul 13, 2006,
sounds like a good idea, maybe some more in depth plans though but sounds cool
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
A radio station? We proably are going to need a server, and I doubt UG will give it too us. But I could be wrong..
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
I think that would be a great idea...
People would be exposed to recordings out of their genre and it would give recognition to some of UG's most talented.
I'd be happy to help.
You should send this to a mod.
The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
-Frank Zappa
I think theres a name fr that...a Podcast.

And yes, it oud be awesome.
Stick it to the Man!!!!!! +_+
cool, i think we'll go through with it then once we get approval of the mods...
Im pretty new to podcasts how do they work?
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
Last edited by Beansontoast at Jul 12, 2006,
I might DJ, I've had some Internet DJ experience in the past. So I'd like to help if twe can figure this out.
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
need more Talent Scouts!!!
Quote by rockon1824
beans - delete some pms man.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by wmzbomgzors
beans - delete some pms man.

yeh i didnt realise i was over the limit, you can send me shiz now
Quote by rockon1824
This idea has been suggested before, numerous times...
The thing is that there are barely any well recorded songs on here...
This idea relies on a steady supply of good songs, which is a pretty harsh requirement.

This idea does have some potential though, and if it could be worked out, it would be sweet.
If you can come up with a decent demo or something USING ONLY SONGS POSTED IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS, the chances of official support are far higher. Demonstrate that you can do a good job of it.

I'm not promising anything, as I'm only a measly n00b mod, but if I were an admin or whatever, I'd want some kind of evidence that you will be able to pull it off.

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Stolen.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391292

We stole the idea from Fatkids anyway, so we're not angry. But tezhall pointed this thread out in the alt & indie forum and just thought I'd show support for the idea. Always good to try and get people into more music and different music, so best of luck with this. I'd recommend yousendit.com or sendfile.com or one of those many hosting sites, but there was word a while back about additional server space, but haven't heard anything from zappp in a while.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
ok I here you guys, Ill probably just do a short demo by myself, ive already found 2 awesome tracks for it!!
Quote by rockon1824
UG wouldnt give us a server for that unless they were makin it themselves
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
seriosuly you ugers are going to love this man
Quote by rockon1824
Quote by Bpags868
UG wouldnt give us a server for that unless they were makin it themselves

Look at all the stuff users have submitted to UG....tabs, articles, reviews...hell, almost all of it is user submitted. All UG really does is host it.

If it's put together well, and people like it, I wouldn't be suprised if it was given some space on the UG servers.
Clear your PMs Beans! hah

Here is what I was going to say in the PM:

Hah, good to hear. Yea, go ahead an add me brotha!

hunter59a@msn.com
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
well me and a friend are in the process of starting upa Podcast type thing. So if you dudes do like a live show, etc. it'd be really good if like you guys could let me and my friend create a podcast from it. (it would still require all your input etc.) the main difference will be that we will create like a unique spin on it.

here is our preliminary idea

Ultimate Guitar Community Podcast

Utilising YOUR music alongside music news and reviews. Alongside this will be a comprehensive website and an email address. Twice a week fun for the Ultimate Guitar forum, musicians and general idiots. Email X if you're interested in having your music alongside others for everyone to hear!

it would also help benefit with all those people who can never be bothered to read through all the news on the main page but are always thinking 'why didnt i know about that?' when theyre friend tells them some juicy music gossip.

anyway, thats our idea.
That's a cool idea. But pick good music and don't have too much talking inbetween.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
It's going to a be a good healthy blend of music from the songs by the UGers themselves/covers and of course stuff like Clapton, Metallica and what not.
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Quote by thesumoftwo
would you not run into problems with copyight etc. with covers?

I'm not exactly sure about that. I don't see why we would, the covers that are being shared on UG through the message board is just the same as if you where to listen to our Radio Station. But we'll try to hit it up the big dogs of UG and see what they say about it.

Oh and just let you guys know what us a DJ's play, wzm has more classic rock and stuff then I do. I'm slowly working on getting some more classic rock on my computer for this. I play more contemporary stuff, like Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mars Volta, Radiohead, TOOL and of course classic rock. But mainly the radio station is for giving people on here the spotlight.
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
You would have a problem with covers. I studied this because I wanted to put on a blues podcast. If you own something like a radio station you have to have a umbrella liscense to play music which is not that expensive. A podcast, though, is an actual distributed peice of material, like a CD, which means you have to negotiate a price with the creator, very expensive. There have been alot of podcasts shut down because of this. It would be better to do originals, unless the UGer has the consent from the songwriter to use that particular song.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
since you need the scouts, i'd be one?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
ok first of all, I've got a liscense, but I can only play 3 songs by one artist in a one hour timeframe which won't be too much of a problem. Starting Monday, I am going to host a show at 5:00 pm, I'll talk bout music news, ug news, and stuff. The main part will be the UG originals. Throughout the day we'll turn the music on. Probably from about 9:00 am est - 9:00 pm est. Most of the music on that stuff will not be from UG members. I have absolutely no metal music, and have no clue what to play for metal music, so I'm gonna need you guys to send requests into hotblues91@hotmail.com , anytime throughout the day if you want metal music. Any requests for any genre are appreciated though. Tomorrow I'll hit you guys up with a link.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
good to see the idea taking shape, remember though guys this is only a demo were doing to impress the 'big dogs' of UG so we can make this official, If you want to be a scout PM me with your msn and ill add you to the list
Quote by rockon1824
I don't think having songs by other artists will be ok...unless you have permission or whatever, UG isn't going to endorse something that might get them sued. There have already been sticky issues with tab sites and stuff, and although UG can legally host tabs, I doubt the rights extent to music broadcasting...

I think it will have to be originals only, or it can't have anything to UG.
^If he can prove he has it...
fair point, wel thought, once again i am forced to my knees by the pseudo moderator known only as That_Pink_Queen (or christian)
Pink queens a mod,when did this happen.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
a long time ago (a couple of months). 'twas after dave was demodded or stepped down from his post or whatever happened.
Your inbox is full, but yeah this sounds like an cool Idea, and i think its awesome that i was considered to have my song on the radio thingy.
I just remastered the song, (lowered the bass volumes, and raised the master volumes so it sounds better) just message me and I'll send you a copy of the new version.

ps. clear out some of your inbox.

thanks again.
Last edited by ovdojoey at Jul 14, 2006,
If you can't get permision to play cover songs by well known artists I'm sure that almost everyone on this website that has recorded anything would be more than happy to let you guys play it (just think of how many people have "check out my band!" in there sigs) or all of the people in the promote your band section

and if you can't get enough music you could just do a daily show style podcast that lasts maybe an hour or two?

all though I don't have much to contribute I thought I'd post out of support for the idea
Quote by ovdojoey
Your inbox is full, but yeah this sounds like an cool Idea, and i think its awesome that i was considered to have my song on the radio thingy.
I just remastered the song, (lowered the bass volumes, and raised the master volumes so it sounds better) just message me and I'll send you a copy of the new version.

ps. clear out some of your inbox.

thanks again.

If you want ur song on the radio and can't get it to Beans or wzm, go ahead and give it to me, I'd love to play it on the air
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Page 1 of 3