Here's my latest. It is called Steel Rain. This one is built around piano, I think I've come up with some pretty good piano in this one. It also has a lot of lead guitar, not a whole lot of galloping rhythms, more like mini solos I guess. Anyways, I really like this one, but I'd like to know what you all think. Anyways, listen and comment, thanks.
Attachments:
Steel Rain.zip
Hmm... I really like this one also lol

Probably one of the best original recordings/powertabs/whatever I've heard on UG in awhile.

In fact, this piece kicks complete ass. The leads are awesome and fit perfectly.

The best, IMO, is the bit after the guitar solo that leads back into the Main Theme around 3:50 or something. Everything in the piece progresses perfectly and nothing feels like it was forcefully introduced.. great flow, great rhythm, great introduction of different things.

Btw, the name Steel Rain sounds very fitting, and I believe the piano is what ultimately makes the piece.

Excellent work
My God, it's full of stars!
simply amazing, i have listened to it like 3 times already, it was really good, until bar 25, then it was like F*** Yeah!!!! lol, its really well made, and everything fits perfectly, really awesome song!
A little too much vibrato for my tastes, made the solos a bit hard to listen to, but the piano was just genuis. Especially the faster bits.

Good job.

=]
"A guitar is just like a hard teddy, isn't it?" - DAAAAAAAN BAKER
Ya...the guitar wasn't very interesting, but the piano was really cool. The piano part that the whole piece builds up to sounds amazing, especially on the last two beats of that theme when, over the A minor chord, you take the pedal tone harmony you were using and break it into a minor six interval from E to C, then decend down B E C A...the wide intervals give that part a very breathtaking sound. Sorry if I overanalyzed
Last edited by poopikins at Jul 14, 2006,
bar 33 is pure genius... it was jsut the perfect riff. most of the soloing in the intro i didnt like, i was waiting for a groove or sumthing to make it stick but it felt a little random, but after the intro i liked it all
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Has anyone ever told you that you're a friggin' genius. That song was pure gold. The intro was a bit bland, but soon as it hit bar 17 it was AMAZING. A definite 10/10, bro. Keep it up.
Thats amazing, it really is - i cant even think where to start when it comes to composing piano and that was a work of art. I have a v.short boredom threshhold and attention span, and that kept me focused through the whole thing.

One thing made me laugh, in a good way btw, the main theme would make a mad rave song if you added a cheezy beat and changed the instrumentation.

I cant think of anything negative to say about that except that the distorted guitar came in a bit too loud, and that doesnt mean anything.

Also if you could give some advice on my new songs (which arnt a spot on the arse of this song) i would be grateful.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411450
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411450
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.
I loved this song. The main themes had an awesome groove. The guitar solo I didn't like so much, but that is trivial. I agree that the theme at bar 33 is genius. (What are you on and why aren't you sharing?)

Overall, 9.5/10. Awesome!

If you wouldn't mind taking a look at some of my work (links at the bottom of my sig.)
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by Dreadnought
Hmm... I really like this one also lol

Probably one of the best original recordings/powertabs/whatever I've heard on UG in awhile.

In fact, this piece kicks complete ass. The leads are awesome and fit perfectly.

The best, IMO, is the bit after the guitar solo that leads back into the Main Theme around 3:50 or something. Everything in the piece progresses perfectly and nothing feels like it was forcefully introduced.. great flow, great rhythm, great introduction of different things.

Btw, the name Steel Rain sounds very fitting, and I believe the piano is what ultimately makes the piece.

Excellent work

Honestly, I agree with everything Dread said. It is definately one of the best original works in a long time. I think Grovermans had one that impressed me about this much awhile ago, and I still have it saved to my computer in MIDI format.

I think this may be perfect, actually. I heard/saw no flaws, and everything sounded beautiful. It flowed just perfect. The lead lines were definately the best. Some of them actually are reminiscent of some Opeth lines. Heh.

Great work of art here. Absolutely beautiful.

Mind critting one of mine?
There's two in my sig, and I Felt Alone is more recently updated.
Spiral Out
wow, this song absolutely kicks ass, i loved it man, great piano work, the little guitar melody solo's. . . i dunno, they were good and i liked them but i didn't at the same time, i dunno know to explain it, but SWEET SONG man!
Ok I am utterly convinced that if you just hit some random Numbers you would make a cool song?Great job. I liked the pre theme But the main theme blew my mind. You sir are a genius.
You are absolutely amazing. You posted this thread on my birthday. Best present I got this year

...how cheesy was that?
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
excellent writting
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)